SOLD Modulus Quantum 4 Q4, 2004, Black Cherry Quilt, Fantastic Player

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by akane3, May 7, 2016.

1. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello,

I am feeling like the classifieds are thirsty for a good modulus, so I am selling my Q4. This bass is a fantastic players bass. It is from 2004, and has a truss rod, with EMG preamp and pickups. The bass plays and sounds fantastic, with impossibly low action. The Cherry Quilted top is incredible, and really shines. Modulus tone and sustain for days.

Full disclosure... there are quite a few knicks around the body, on the headstock, and a small crack on the back between the control plate and the input jack. This crack could be easily fixed, and doesn't affect the playability of the bass whatsoever. It has been there for many years. I did my best to show it in the pics. Also, the previous owner put small bits of white nail polish on the dots to make them more clear.

The price includes an SKB hard case.

Priced for a quick sale.
    $1299 Shipped!

thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    HeavyJazz and Ballin'bass like this.
  2. Many, you have this guy listed everywhere... lol.

Not to man Q4's around.

3. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    well I am trying to sell it! Preferrably on TB though.

4. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Good price for this bass! Even with the condition being less than ideal. Still a solid bass and I'm sure it sounds just great!

I love my Q4 and that thing could handle a beating. But I baby mine. Someone will be getting a serious bass for much less serious money! Glwts!

5. johnbee

johnbee Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Is this 34" or 35" scale? And what's the approximate weight?

Ballin'bass likes this.
  6. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    They're 35" Scale. And they're usually right around 9 lbs. At least mine is right about 9.

7. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah it is a 35 inch scale, and it is pretty light! I think just under 9 lbs

8. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Wow.

9. bernyrusso

bernyrusso

Jan 28, 2009
    could you accept 1000? thanks

10. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    This is a steal people!! I guarantee whoever gets this bass will keep it for life!!!! It is that good.

Ballin'bass likes this.
  11. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    I can attest to that.

12. ialma

ialma

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    Welcome to the "why isn't this a five strings" whine post ;)

13. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Ha, yeah I hear ya. If it was Five I would definitely keep it. Although, it is cool how fast the neck is on this thing.

ialma and Ballin'bass like this.
  14. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    I concur. My Quantum 4 is my favorite playing bass. Stupid low action, but what's a bigger deal for me is neck shape. The feel of the Q4 neck is that of unmatched comfort, imo. So absolutely perfect.

And yea this is a ridiculous price. Lowest price you'll ever get a Q4. Have you alerted the modulus mob of this?

15. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I am shocked that it is still here, I wish people could just play the thing!!! THe
    Ha, no. I wasnt aware of a Modulus Mob.

Ballin'bass likes this.
  16. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Oh dude. Search the group on here. It's the thread for modulus owners and enthusiasts. They'd be very intrigued by this sale. All cool dudes.

17. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    Man, I wish I had room for this one!

Since I don't, let me help anyone on the fence see this for what it is...a great gigging bass at an unbelievable price!

Q4's are rare!!! When new, they cost nearly the same as Q5's, and quite a bit more than the non-Quantum Modulus lines. Hence, 10 or 20 Q5's for every one Q4 these days.

What makes these Q4's play so well is their 19mm string spacing (vs 17mm on almost all of the Q5's).

What makes them sound so great is the 35" scale...almost all other 4's are 34" or less. Not to mention their graphite construction.

What makes this one such a great gigging bass is that you don't have to worry about dinging it up. And it will ALWAYS stay in tune despite summer outdoor thunderstorm gigs or living indoors all winter at 15% humidity.

Why worry...just buy it and help this guy out.

IMHO

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    carsbybigd likes this.
  18. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Ha, thanks for that info. "Miserable" is a bit of a stretch. I just want to get an old P bass.

19. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    I was trying to humorous.

20. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    and sold

carsbybigd likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022