1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus quantum 5 for Warwick thumb 5 n/t??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Does this sound like a fair trade to anyone? I've got this oppritunity and I might trade my thumb in. The modulus is a '00 model with a spalted maple top and bartolini electronics. Help me out guys.;)

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    One thing I think you need to ask yourself is how much you like the Modulus more than the Thumb. They're not terribly far apart on retail prices, so I don't think it's a terrible trade, from a financial perspective.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Depends on the sound IMHO. I have a Modulus Q5 w. EMG mics, and have been very tempted to buy a Warwick. Don't know why I haven't done it already, come to think of it. I like the wood and sound better than the Q5. Not that the Q5 isn't a very good bass too, just a bit too clinical in sound. But on the other hand I have not played a Q5 with Bartolinis, they are probably better than the EMGs.

Confused as usual... :)