Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus quantum 5 for Warwick thumb 5 n/t??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Does this sound like a fair trade to anyone? I've got this oppritunity and I might trade my thumb in. The modulus is a '00 model with a spalted maple top and bartolini electronics. Help me out guys.;)

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    One thing I think you need to ask yourself is how much you like the Modulus more than the Thumb. They're not terribly far apart on retail prices, so I don't think it's a terrible trade, from a financial perspective.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Depends on the sound IMHO. I have a Modulus Q5 w. EMG mics, and have been very tempted to buy a Warwick. Don't know why I haven't done it already, come to think of it. I like the wood and sound better than the Q5. Not that the Q5 isn't a very good bass too, just a bit too clinical in sound. But on the other hand I have not played a Q5 with Bartolinis, they are probably better than the EMGs.

Confused as usual... :)