1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Modulus Quantum 6 1997 Q6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by andysvec, Dec 14, 2018.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    I obtained this 1997 Modulus Q6 around 15 years ago in a trade but never was comfortable enough to gig on a 6, I've realized now I'm a 5str maximum guy and hope this will go to someone that will play it :)

It's pretty much how I received it, the only thing I had added was my Japanese luthier on Guam made an ebony ramp for me when he originally set it up, it's double sided taped to the bass.
    The back straplock has an extra hole for some reason, it has a bit of player wear overall as seen in the pics, and the factory case strap is unglued so doesn't stay open.

Specs are:
    1997 pre-truss rod model
    Black Cherry finish
    35″ Scale Length, 24 Frets
    Gloss Finish Neck
    Side Dot Inlays
    Phenolic Fingerboard
    EMG Soapbar Pickups/18v
    Ebony Ramp
    ABM fully-adjustable bridge
    Black Hardware
    Weight: 10 lbs. 2 oz on my bathroom digital scale

Asking $2500 shipped continental US USPS priority mail. Absolutely no trades please, thanks!

q6 001. q6 002. q6 003. q6 004. q6 005. q6 006. q6 007. q6 008. q6 009. q6 010. q6 011. q6 012. q6 013. q6 014. q6 016. q6 017. q6 018. q6 019. q6 020. q6 022.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

nice bass. good luck with the sale. at the risk of sounding like a know-it-all, your bridge is an ABM fully-adjustable bridge. :D ;) :thumbsup:

andysvec likes this.
  3. andysvec

thanks for the info on the bridge, I thought it was the hipshot but will fix description to the ABM :)

4. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

no worries. imo, the abm's are 'better' since they have a bit more saddle travel than the hipshot's for intonation purposes. the gould-era moduli used either schaller's or abm's (some gotoh's). perman-era moduli leaned towards hipshot bridges.

5. andysvec

yea my 1992 Q5 that I bought new and am still gigging originally had the schaller roller bridge that I despised as the rollers would always move when changing the strings, eventually changed it

6. JZQuantum

JZQuantum Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2008
    My 2001 Q5 had the same bridge design as the OP's. Great design and super stable. It was intimidating to adjust at first, but once I realized how it was designed, I realized how great it was.

My Q5 was the same color as this one, except it had Barts. It's 1 of 2 basses I regret selling over the 25 years I have played bass.

andysvec likes this.
  7. vep63

vep63

Dec 27, 2004
    The ATL, GA
    That is just dead SEXY!!!!

andysvec likes this.
  8. swmmojo

swmmojo Be up and doing...

17mm spacing?

9. andysvec

it's the standard Q6 35" scale and 17mm spacing

10. DougalPye

DougalPye

Sep 28, 2018
    Pgh, PA
    What kind of strings do you have on their now?

11. andysvec

those are DRs!