Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Quantum 6 Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jackson E, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Does anyone know where I can buy a neck for a modulus quantum 6. I know the obvious answer is modulus but I have e-mailed and called to no end. Also does anyone know around how much one would cost? Thanks for any help.

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The neck on my quantum 5 warped until it was unplayable, and modulus would return neither my emails nor phone calls. I ended up sending the bass to graphite guitar systems for a refret and it turned out great. Search in the luthier's forum for "modulus fret job" and you'll find my thread with his contact info.

If you really need a new neck, I think moses makes one that will fit, or you could comission a custom wood neck from someone. I don't think modulus will sell you one. They are aparently "too busy" making new $3500 basses to be "bothered" by helping people maintain the ones they've already purchased :scowl:

3. Thanks I appreciate it. It really sucks when a company has no support of there customers. Oh well.

4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    FYI, when I had some issues with a Moses neck, they were super helpful and responsive. They even upgraded my neck to a diamondwood fingerboard since I was unsatisfied with the graphite. Great service.

Modulus basses sound great, but I'm not likely to buy another one after getting ignored when looking for service. How much could it possibly cost to pay someone to man the phones?