Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Quantum battery questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Darrelpr, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Darrelpr

Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    Two off the wall questions for your Quantum owners with Bart NTMB preamps:
    1) How are the batteries mounted inside the control cavity? (Are they loose or do they have some type of retaining bracket that keeps them from coming in contact with the preamp itself?)

2) What have you found to be the average battery life with the NTMB preamp?

(Ryan, I think you answered #1 before in an email thread to me some time back but I can't find the email. Apologies for the brain fart.)

thanks!

2. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    My Q5 has that setup and there is a nook routed out in the control cavity that the batteries fit into.
    As far as battery life, I change them out every 6 months or so and they usually still have a good bit of life left in them. Its just one less thing to sweat.

3. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    The Bartolini NTMB system has 2 batteries. All the three band EQ's have 2 batteries-even the EMG three bands. All the 2 bands are 9 Volt systems.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There is a routed out nook inside the control cavity with a piece of foam that wraps around the batteries. They fit in there very neat and tight.

I dunno exactly how long the batteries will last, I have a bad habit of changing mine every 3-4 months just to be safe. They seem to have a lot of life left in them after I change em (use the old batteries in one of the kids' toys;) ). I am sure they would go 6 months or better. Of course, it all depends on how much you play the thing plugged in, also.

So when is that thing coming??

5. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Is there an echo in here?:D
    j/k

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I realized that after I had already posted. Oh well, now if he doesn't get it, he has real problems.:D

7. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Hey, I'm a grouch. Sorry!:D

8. Darrelpr

Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    I talked to Chad at BassNW this afternoon and he said that we were looking at another 2-3 weeks. (I'm wondering if they're growing the bubinga for my top.) :)

9. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000

10. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Actually, I just installed a NTMB in one of my basses, and it can be used with either 9 or 18 v. I bought the prewired harness, and it comes from the factory with one battery connector attached, and another one seperate that you can install if you want to use two batteries. The instructions specifically say that you can use it either way. I use it with one (not enough room in the control cavity for two without major surgery), and it sounds great.

11. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    But he asked about the Modulus Quantum, and AFAIK all the three band electronics they install in the Quantum series are 18v. Im sure if you asked they could leave it at 9v but the standard is 18.

12. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I had a Modulus Q6 that had the Bartolini's with the NTMB preamp, that had only ONE battery, so it isn't universal by any means . . .