SOLD Modulus Quantum SPi Sunburst 6-Fretted $2800

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Pete Hand, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Price:
    $2800
    Strings:
    United States
    I am the original owner. I ordered this from The Bass Place in AZ May 1993 after I spoke with Geoff Gould at Modulus directly regarding models and features. I had a steady rock and roll gig at a ski town bar and got bored on stage, so I got this to liven up my nights. I played it for maybe 3 years, and then it really has not been used much except 5-6 times in my studio. The case shows a bit of wear but the instrument has no dings or dents.

You can see in the photos I have the original literature. Some of this info is specs from that literature. Let me know if you have any questions or want some specific photo taken.

$2800

Serial #930985
    Model Q6SPi BSQ6XL
    6-string
    Fretted
    This model is Pre-truss rod
    Alder/Poplar body
    Sunburst color
    Original hard case
    Black hardware (Gotoh GB7 tuners and Kahler 2460 bridge)
    Strings: I think they are Ken Smith (roundwounds)
    35” scale
    24 frets
    2” nut width
    3.25” width at 24th fret

Bartolini (2) P46C 4-coil pickups as TCT = bass, mid and treble tone knobs and Bartolini preamp (single 9-volt) active system. Switchable from series humbucking to traditional and reversed split-coil “P” settings. 5 knobs, two micro-switches.

Images are provided here for product info. Take a good look and ensure it is correct for your application before buying. All sales final. Images are provided for reference and photos are the actual product.

US mailing rate for CONUS delivery is included in the asking price, or will ship/mail it another method at your cost, or you can come to the studio and pay and take it then.

P1010189.JPG

P1010195.JPG

P1010188.JPG

P1010194.JPG

P1010193.JPG

P1010197.JPG

P1010198.JPG

P1010187.JPG

2. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    WOW!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

3. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Thanks for looking and for the comment.

I was asked to photograph wear. To give you perspective, these were shot with a regular Minolta, nothing fancy, on a countertop with overhead can lights and with a handheld LED worklight. It was like doing a tick check on your pet. The high gloss finish makes it nearly impossible to get an image; while holding it IRL, you can sort of move it back and forth a little to reveal what is a cat fur hair and what is a scratch or haze. I only found a couple of things you can specifically feel as you run your fingernail across them. The rest are so barely in the finish, they just don't photograph well. I marked a red circle around the spots I found. This instrument has never been dropped or fallen. The case shows the wear from being loaded in and out of the wagon, though.

Okay; there is slight wear at thumb position, the little marks below the reflection of my worklight:

Thumb Position.JPG

There is a bit of haze here, too:

General Haze.JPG

I found this little ding on the edge, it's under the finish, so it's original to the manufacture but I want to document it for you (the reflection shows my camera and my worklight; this thing is glossy):

Mfg Dimple.jpg

I found these two dings on the back:

Two Dings.JPG

This is strap haze:

Strap Haze.JPG

I tried to show the Neck relief:

Neck Relief.JPG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Fred312b likes this.
  4. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Oh, I forgot to load the case photos:

Case Edge.jpg

Case Front.JPG

Fred312b likes this.
  5. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Sold.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022