Modulus Replacement Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Mar 23, 2002.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Where do they sell these? I know Modulus makes them, but I've never seen them in any retail shops. Anyone know where they are, how much they cost?

Also, how are Status and Moses necks?
  2. Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    You can order Quantum and Genesis replacement P & J necks from any Modulus dealer. (I've had good luck with

The price ranges from $499 (Genesis necks) to $699 for the Quantum necks.
    Check out the "full view catalog" up on Modulus' website for specifics.

Hope this helps
  3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Those are list prices, which gives me somewhat of an idea what a store would sell them for, but I wanna know what people have seen them tagged at.
  4. JWBass

Jul 20, 2001
    Levittown, PA
    As I understand the process, Modulus custom makes replacement necks for your instrument. For a while, Sting played his Fender Jazz Bass with a Modulus replacement neck. It was a graphite composite, Quantum style neck, but it had the classic Fender headstock shape. In short, Modulus will take your body and fit the neck to it. Pricing? That's a good question. I guess it would depend on the specs you'd specify. :confused:
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    btw i LOVE my moses neck. (even though it is kind of a bastard fit for my bass - it's a sterling neck with a jazz bass headstock and heel)

satin finish on the back, great tone, great playablity.

6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Modulus doesn't make custom necks to fit any bass--they make Jazz/Precision replacements, and maybe Musicman. The older graphite necks had Fender-style headstocks, but I'm pretty sure they only sell them with Modulus-style (Genesis or VJ) headstocks now.