1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus VJ4 for metal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenarius1, Nov 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kenarius1

Kenarius1

Mar 16, 2015
    Hi, guys. I'm choosing a new bass and I was going to buy Modulus VJ4. Mostly I play metal stuff, like alternative/nu-metal or MDM. But I'm not sure that is really good idea to buy jazz bass for such styles. Will it work? What do you guys think? Can I get good metal tone and cut through mix with VJ4 or should I consider another options, like Gibson Thunderbird, for example? My current bass is Schecter Damien Platinum 5 with active EMG40HZ pickups and to be honest, I'm not really satisfied with it. And yeah, I mostly a pick player.

2. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I'd suggest you play the bass with a pick first ... modulus are commonly very articulate... your technique may have unexpected sounds through a modulus

3. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Sorry I'm late to the thread, but here's my opinion.

Get the VJ4! Jazz basses work for any style, including metal/rock/stoner/grunge etc. And the VJ4 gives you a super tight modern tone that will most certainly cut through any mix. Plus you get all the advantages that come with modulus necks. Super smooth action and you don't need to ever adjust your action once you get it set how you like it. They barely even go out of tune.

They are also built like a brick s#!+ house, damn near indestructible.