Modulus VJ4 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chace90, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Well, I've been shopping around for a fretless for a while now. Not much to find here in Colorado unfortunately. As you can see from my signature, I'm looking for a rare model of fretless and I'm getting sick of waiting.
    Anyway, found this Modulus VJ4 lined fretless for half off retail, which comes out to be about $1200. Anybody have experience with these basses. What I like about them is the graphite neck and consistent sound. What I don't like this the lack of 24 frets, the lines, and the body gets in the way when going pretty high on the fretboard. What do you guys think? Should I consider this or move on?
  2. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    I have a Modulus VJ4 with Barts & a Bart NTBT Preamp and I absolutely love it, BUT it isn't a fretless. If you dig the Fender Jazz vibe then this is a great bass, it plays like butter, sings like a bird, and feels like an old friend. Once again, I really really love mine but that probably doesn't mean much to you...:D
  3. I haven't played a VJ4 fretless, but I did play the fretted version. They're very solid basses with a nice, modern, clear tone. Plus, all the notes sounded very even (in other words, no hot or dead spots). The VJ I played had Bart J pickups with a Bart 2-band preamp.