Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus VJ4 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chace90, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Well, I've been shopping around for a fretless for a while now. Not much to find here in Colorado unfortunately. As you can see from my signature, I'm looking for a rare model of fretless and I'm getting sick of waiting.
    Anyway, found this Modulus VJ4 lined fretless for half off retail, which comes out to be about $1200. Anybody have experience with these basses. What I like about them is the graphite neck and consistent sound. What I don't like this the lack of 24 frets, the lines, and the body gets in the way when going pretty high on the fretboard. What do you guys think? Should I consider this or move on?

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/guitar_images/9-28-02/pict0009.jpg

2. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I have a Modulus VJ4 with Barts & a Bart NTBT Preamp and I absolutely love it, BUT it isn't a fretless. If you dig the Fender Jazz vibe then this is a great bass, it plays like butter, sings like a bird, and feels like an old friend. Once again, I really really love mine but that probably doesn't mean much to you...:D

3. I haven't played a VJ4 fretless, but I did play the fretted version. They're very solid basses with a nice, modern, clear tone. Plus, all the notes sounded very even (in other words, no hot or dead spots). The VJ I played had Bart J pickups with a Bart 2-band preamp.