Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus VJ4 (w/upgrades)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Yamarc, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I am selling a fantastic Modulus Vintage Jazz 4. It is black with a black pearloid pickguard and crome hardware. It has the newer MOdulus neck with the phenolic fingerboard and the truss rod (relief) adjustment...this is one slick lookin' bass!

It has been upgraded with Fender custom shop 60's pickups which add a vintage warmth to the bass. It is a passive setup, but, I have had a series/parallel push/pull option added by master luthier Billy Chapman. The option makes the bass sound very "Precision" like when in series mode.

It comes with OHSC and is strung with DR Lowrider nickles. You must try out these jazzers to appreciate them: NO dead spots, constant clarity, and the setup/neck never changes despite the climate or gig! Contact me for more info. Thanks

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    What were the pickups? Were they barts? Still have them?
    I'll buy 'em!
    Send me a pm if you like...

4. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    1000.00 and i'll work on the pics.

No I do not have the old pups.

5. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    e-mail me for the pics. It is a 2001/2002 Model

6. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I have new pics. e-mail for them. This is a great bass, I'll even throw in some barely use TI Jazz Flats...I put them on this bass and took them off three days later...I am a roundwound kinda guy.

7. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    only has 2 small dings (e-mail for pics) I will ship it to your door insured for 950.00

8. reentune

reentune

Aug 16, 2004
    Still available?

9. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI