Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus/Warmoth P/J

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just got this put together today with great deals I got on parts from some TB'ers!

It has a Warmoth quilted maple body (Thanks Mike N!, it just arrived today), and a Modulus graphite neck (Thanks AJ Brown!). The neck width at the nut is similar to a P bass, but is very comfortable in profile like all Modulus necks are. I had planned on putting a preamp in this, but after hearing it am going leave it passive. It is wired V/V/T/T and sounds GREAT! Bridge is a BA2, that is courtesy of pitter HornetAMX (Thanks bro!)

It actually has a lot of the same attack and feel as my Flea bass. I was surprised at how much the graphite neck apparently colors the sound and feel (for the better IMO!) So far my early reaction is....this thing sounds huge!

I'm pretty much done with this, with the exception of I'd like to put a basslines 1/4 pound P pup in it to match the J pickup.

Anyway, here's some pics.

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Cool finish ! enjoy :bassist:

5. Sweet!!! I love the way graphite necks feel.

6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Nice! How did I miss that bassstar neck in the classifieds?! I'd have snapped that up. Great score. I agree, you won't need a preamp.

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I caught it as soon as I saw it listed, which was within minutes I think. I love these necks, and they do seem kind of hard to come by these days!

8. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I like it! Nice job!

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Also, I don't believe this is a bassstar neck, but rather a regular P replacement neck. It's dated 1990 if that helps.....

10. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Very nice job. Looks killer.

11. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Well, whatever its called I bet it plays and sounds great :D

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB