Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slash, Jun 17, 2004.

1. slash

Jun 15, 2004
    Hamilton, Canada
    i am torn between 2 options right now. either i buy a Modulus Quantum 5 bass that's in a store right now brand new... for almost a third of the price that a regular order would cost... or i wait a hell of a lot longer and keep shopping the market...? even though i'm pretty sure i'll end up ordering a quantum later on...
    i'd just like to know what some of you would do in a position like this. thanks.
  2. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    if you don't end up buying end, send the details to me!

but my advice --- BUY IT!
  3. slash

Jun 15, 2004
    Hamilton, Canada
    i sure do!! (but i dont like the color... but in this situation... that's one of the last things i care about.)
    it's just quite the decision for me... so i'm a little weary even though i dont really know why. But i'm pretty damn sure i'm gonna go for it now though.
  4. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quantum 5's are fantastic. I love mine.

I can't imagine you'd regret it, and if you do, you'll not lose $ on it.
  5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    You're going to end up buying one in the future?! The future is now!!! Buy that bass. :D
    Don't let a great deal getaway.

Love the Q-5!!
  6. modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    One third of the price?? Jump on that !!
  7. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Sounds like you've decided that the Q5 is the choice. Great choice I might add...I'm a Q5 guy. You will not be sorry.
    For a third of the price I could live with a color compromise. I like the wood-look so the the difference between Chechen and Bubinga might be worth saving two thirds. But if the difference was between Chechen and one of the "colors" (red , green, blue,whatever) I would pay the extra in a heartbeat. But the color thing is soooo subjective.
    One way or another you'll be loving that bass for decades.
  8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have not regretted buying my Q5 for one minute. It became my main bass immediately, and nothing has unseated it from that position yet. I am seriously in need of a Roscoe 6er, and had thought about trading off my Modulus, but I am pretty sure I would kick myself for getting rid of it. So, I guess I will be saving for the Roscoe (almost there :hyper: )