Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Anybody own a Modulus Vintage J? I think that is what I have seen Me'shell Ndegeocello playing. She has a black one with no pickguard and no chrome around the controls. It looks sweet.
  2. Sorry to weasle my way in,but...I have played a Vintage J and I was in love...No dead spots on the neck and the tone was clear but with a certain growl.When I test out a prospective bass I tend to play the intro to NIN's song "Sanctified." The beginning of the song starts out with a slap line in the key of E(I think),anyways,the Vintage J sounded sweet when I tried it .All the notes came out and it was no effort.As far as owning one...well, that's on my future conquest list;looking forward to snagging one.
  3. I can't speak for the vintige j,but I have a Genisis 5 model (it looks quite similar)thats just killer.The differences are the genisis neck is wraped with wood and is symetrical in profile(Mike Tobias designed it)..the body is not an "exact" j bass clone but no doubt inspired by one.the vintage j looks more like a j bass.I've played other Modulus basses(quantam,flea bass,M92) and they were all awsome so I'm sure that the J is equally awsome...find one and play it,I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.....when I found my Genisis I went back and bought it as soon as I got my taxes back and have been in heaven ever since..and I think you will be too