1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Anybody own a Modulus Vintage J? I think that is what I have seen Me'shell Ndegeocello playing. She has a black one with no pickguard and no chrome around the controls. It looks sweet.

2. Sorry to weasle my way in,but...I have played a Vintage J and I was in love...No dead spots on the neck and the tone was clear but with a certain growl.When I test out a prospective bass I tend to play the intro to NIN's song "Sanctified." The beginning of the song starts out with a slap line in the key of E(I think),anyways,the Vintage J sounded sweet when I tried it .All the notes came out and it was no effort.As far as owning one...well, that's on my future conquest list;looking forward to snagging one.

3. I can't speak for the vintige j,but I have a Genisis 5 model (it looks quite similar)thats just killer.The differences are the genisis neck is wraped with wood and is symetrical in profile(Mike Tobias designed it)..the body is not an "exact" j bass clone but no doubt inspired by one.the vintage j looks more like a j bass.I've played other Modulus basses(quantam,flea bass,M92) and they were all awsome so I'm sure that the J is equally awsome...find one and play it,I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.....when I found my Genisis I went back and bought it as soon as I got my taxes back and have been in heaven ever since..and I think you will be too