1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Feb 19, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I never really had too many opportunities to play one, till I saw a Quantam 5 at work today... I didn't even want to plug it in! It felt wonderful, and it sounded great unplugged! It hurt, thankfully I don't have the cashola for it right now or I coulda got myself in trouble... here is the finish!

[​IMG]

Looked great, played great, I bet it would sound great....

P@

2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    it wouldn't let me link.... let me try it again!

[​IMG]

Much Better!

P@

:D

3. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    This would complement what you have nicely, 'til you no longer have it, because you are playing the Mod all the time.;) Happened to me.

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I bought a Q5 last week and now,one week later, I'm still experimenting with the huge range of tones it has. Do yourself a favour - dig up the money and get one.

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    pmkelly: did it have barts or emgs? The tone will change drastically with those 2 pickups.

I owned a Modulus Quantum 5 with EMGs and I didn't like it. Some people prefer the EMG sound. Its definitely like apple & oranges with the tone

But the bass is sweet!

:D

Dm

6. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    this one had Barts on it... the more I think about it, the more I had wished that I would have plugged it in and given it a spin! I guess I will have to start watching ebay and see what comes up!

P@

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

As mentioned, a noticeable difference between barts and EMG's. I had a Q5 with barts, and swapped it for another with EMG's because I typically use my Q5 for modern rock type stuff and the EMG's are more aggressive.