Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Feb 19, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I never really had too many opportunities to play one, till I saw a Quantam 5 at work today... I didn't even want to plug it in! It felt wonderful, and it sounded great unplugged! It hurt, thankfully I don't have the cashola for it right now or I coulda got myself in trouble... here is the finish!

[​IMG]

Looked great, played great, I bet it would sound great....

P@

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    it wouldn't let me link.... let me try it again!

[​IMG]

Much Better!

P@

:D

3. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    This would complement what you have nicely, 'til you no longer have it, because you are playing the Mod all the time.;) Happened to me.

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I bought a Q5 last week and now,one week later, I'm still experimenting with the huge range of tones it has. Do yourself a favour - dig up the money and get one.

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    pmkelly: did it have barts or emgs? The tone will change drastically with those 2 pickups.

I owned a Modulus Quantum 5 with EMGs and I didn't like it. Some people prefer the EMG sound. Its definitely like apple & oranges with the tone

But the bass is sweet!

:D

Dm

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    this one had Barts on it... the more I think about it, the more I had wished that I would have plugged it in and given it a spin! I guess I will have to start watching ebay and see what comes up!

P@

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

As mentioned, a noticeable difference between barts and EMG's. I had a Q5 with barts, and swapped it for another with EMG's because I typically use my Q5 for modern rock type stuff and the EMG's are more aggressive.