Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Jun 24, 2001.

1. what's the deal with this band? i was playing some fast lines on my friend's guitar last night and he told me i should check them out, because the bass is really great. any recommended albums?
  2. "L" or "L 3.0"(or it might be 2.0) check out thier . Rob derhark, the bass player and lead singer is crazy good. I definatly recommend them.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    they are cool, check out some of the live stuff!
  4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Curly has always been my favorite.
  5. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Larry kicked both their arses, man ! :p
  6. Finally someone want's to hear moe. they have been one of my favorite bands for about 5 years. They are from buffalo NY. and play mostly 4 to 5 thousand people shows. I have seen about 200 bands in my life and talent wise no one comes close, everybody in the band would be on my top 5 list at there instrument. And Rob the bass player is probably the best bass player I have ever seen, (yes above flea,vic, and les) You won't here his talent as much on a cd, but if you ever see them live he will blow your mind. He can slap like flea, speed like vic and improv like les, He is also the singer, yet I have never seen him on one of the "greatest bass player lists", anyway sorry for rambling, the first cd I would recommend is tin cans and car tires, after that maybe dither. But trust me you will love what you hear, everybody that I play it for does. P.S my band moe. will be playing friday ni..... just kidding
  7. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I agree -- Tin Cans is great album... I saw them back in '96 or '97 at Boston College, before they got popular... there were not even 50 people at the show, 'cause it didn't get advertised. It was unreal!! I was working for the university's dining services at the time, and so I watched them do soundcheck and all before the show. Rob totally blew me away, just slapping and noodling around before the show.... :cool: