1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mogwai's effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zipflint, Apr 6, 2006.

1. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    I've been listening to these guys for years, and finally got a chance to see them live a few weeks ago. I had high expectations and they still rocked my sox off.
    Anyway, I'm pretty sure that, at one point, they had a gear section on their website, but if it's still there I can't find it.
    Soooo....anyone got any idea what particular pedals these fellers are using? On Glasgow Mega-Snake in particular? And on My Father, My King? I'm pretty sure they use a lot of the same effects on many of their songs.
    I'm interested in the f/x used on the bass bits mostly, but any info would be awesome.

2. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    Fantastic!!!
    :bassist:

3. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    The bassist only uses about 3 pedals (I saw them about a month ago in Chicago). It was a boss distortion (I dont think it was the ODB-3, I think it was one of the other OD or DS pedals) Some large black box that didnt appear to be a pedal. and another boss pedal. possibly delay or a tuner. I can't remember off hand.

The other 3 guitar boards featured lots of distortions/overdrives/delay/reverb pedals and a few various ones like tremelo and phasers (boss, danelectro, ehx, and a few rarer pedals)

4. Obviously, nobody has followed his lead!