1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mohair

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rickbass, Jun 6, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'm hoping our UK bretheren/sisters might be very familiar with Mohair, but input from anyone who has had more exposure to their music, (like in LA), than I is appreciated. Their website doesn't offer much. CDNOW and Amazon don't have any CD's........yet.

I've only heard one song by Mohair, "Octopus Chunks." It was refreshing to hear a polished, down-to-earth, band who have paid some dues and have an ear for songwriting, (IMO, of course).

My question - Would you call that song representative of their other work???

If so, I would make it a point to hear them when they do their US tour this summer, (lugging a Hammond B-3 around, ouch! ).

Any opinions on/knowledge about them, such as, how they are going over in the UK, what they're like live, is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'll give it a bump since England isn't playing for several days in the World Cup.