Mohini Dey Holding It Down

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

This is a clip of her playing with a mid sized ensemble, which features two bassists, and she mainly plays a supporting role. I think the clip also shows a lot of the speed that is common in a lot of Indian music. It’s not the best comparison, but think of Bluegrass with all the speedy mandolin and fiddle lines.

jerry, Tom Bomb and Christine like this.
  2. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    So young too, she's got a good future ahead of her

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    O Man! Big love here for this band. Thanks for posting. Do they get it. Mohini Dey is an inspiration. That tone will do me, any day. Immaculate. Impossible to fault that performance. She's a star. The whole band is so polished and the spirit they bring is so unified — they're putting many to shame. Good on 'em. Their musicianship is awe inspiring. And that strat :woot: There's some sounds there to explore :ninja:

I noticed, in A really different new image for Mohini Dey, she's unashamedly sporting a Pitch Clip. That made me smile — I use one too :smug: Thanks again, @Dr. Cheese. You give me Pace of Mind ;) Chalking this one up to providence. I've now got a sitaratocaster or two in my cupboard, that I never knew I had :woot:and an emphatic reminder that there's another astounding bassist out there to look up to and to learn from — this is a genuine, bona fide red letter day, for this little black duck :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Christine and Dr. Cheese like this.
  4. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Sorry for my bass id screw up in the other thread that was closed....wishful thinking i guess...quietly slinking out.

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is an older clip. She is not playing the Mayones. I know her father once made her a bass, but I think this one looks like a Cort.

6. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    :)

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021