1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MOLAR EXTRACTION TOMORROW!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Woo effing hoo.

2. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Are you going under? I remember when I got my six teeth pulled, I opted for merely being numbed. It was really cool (from what I remember) reight until I got home. It totally sucked for a couple of hours after that.

3. Oh dear God, WAAAY under. For a week I hope. I'm a complete wuss. My Dad had a near-fainting spell the other day; he ended up spending a few days in the hospital & the day before his 85th birthday, they slapped in a pacemaker. For this they did a local. :eek: Put me to sleep now. It already hurts just thinking about it. I'll probably post all goofy tomorrow- I already have my jar of darvocet.

4. tbrannon

tbrannon

Jun 11, 2006
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled with local- wasn't bad at all. The only discomfort was the sound/feel of the teeth pulling out. Crazy sound.... like a giant tree getting wrenched around inside your mouth. I remember thinking, "this oughta hurt but it doesn't."

Have fun. :D

5. Get some happy gas! You think it's absolutely hilarious!!!

6. blueskid

blueskid

Sep 11, 2006
    washington, dc
    ^^^i agree with this dude. if they aren't gonna put you under, they at least owe it you to make it entertaining.

7. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    My guitarist had some of his teeth pulled out, and while they pulling it they split it in half! H ehas both pieces,

8. I also can recall that wonderful sound.. when the US Navy pulled out all four of my "wise guy" teeth in the '70's. That really is a crazy sound that you just can't ever forget. Didn't hurt me either... except for a few hours after the local wore off, then it was just fine

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well, it won't hurt too much.

10. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i get mine out next week man, good luck.

11. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Have you ever pulled one of your own teeth?

12. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You got a gig tonight?? They made me play after I got oral........surgery. I was hopped up on Vicodin and people kept buying me drinks. The drummer said I was pretty good, but it's all a bit of a blur.

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Oral surgery is different that just a routine extraction... depending of course. You should be fine. A little Tylenol or Advil and you'll conquer the world!

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I had a pair of bottom rear molars yanked 3 weeks ago.

OMG did it suck!!!! 5 shots of Novocaine (or whatever the modern replacement actually is). He cut them into 4 pieces each so it was like having 8 teeth pulled over an hour of hands & metal in my mouth.

I go back on 3/18 for dentures and random fillings

*shudders*

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    until 2 hours later when the shots wear off!!!!!!

I was given no prescription pain pills... just A LOT of Advil, Tylenol and aspirin

16. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Now when they section teeth out, that can be a bitch because it can sometimes involve bone! Just be glad there are modern methods to this rather than the mallet and bone chisel!

17. Getting my wisdom teeth out was not that bad.
    What was bad was - Two words I pray you never have to hear: Dry socket.

18. No food, no coffee. :spit: Not sure if the tooth will be sectioned; it's the last bottom right molar. Had a root canal on it years ago, it cracked & was repaired in '05, now it's bad again. 2 strike law, I guess. Wee. GIMME DOPE NOW.

Edit: Me & my big mouth- the dentist just called. They're running ahead of schedule & I can come on down! :hyper:
    Talk to y'all later...

19. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    If you had a root canal done on that tooth, it shouldn't be that bad at all since the nerve is already gone. That's the biggest pain. All you should feel is the initial local injection and a lot of twisting and tugging.

20. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    I got my four wisdom teeth pulled out when I was 16 or 17, I was a "critical case" or something like this. My scan looked like a car wreck in my jaw bone. A good oral surgeon will make it painless, though. It's just the sound effects that hurt.

It took 40 minutes, all four were out and my gum sewn back in place.
    Later that day I got a black eye because of a tooth root that grew up in my sinuses and opened a hole between my mouth and my nose when extracted.

Side note: codeine rules but not during a physics exam.