1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MoMark MarkBass Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StereoPlayer, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Them are neat. I like the wood cases.
    Bump. :cigar:

2. ^ I do what I can.
    Thanks, it was a gov job at work. Pallet wood.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  3. Bass'd on a true story

Bass'd on a true story

Jun 28, 2015
    Gonna randomly bump this thread to ask a few Markbass questions.

Looking at getting a new head for my new Rick 4003s. So far I've tried 3 Markbass heads.

I've tried the little Mark lll, the Little Mark Tube (800w), and the Randy Jackson TTE800.

The random jackson had an amazing tone, and the Little Mark Tube sounded great too. Someone who I was talking to told me that the MoMark black 800 sounds better than both of these, but I can't find one to try.

I never impulse buy (or I might have bought the Randy Jackson...) so when I went home to do my research about the Randy, people said that they had a lot of trouble with it dying prematurely. That was a huge turn off, as I'm not rich and this is a big investment for me.

Any comments about any of these would be great, minus the LMlll, I've ruled that one out already.

4. These Markbass head are different than those you mentioned. they are a modular line of heads.
    Although, I did get the LMK model of the MoMark line because it had two channels for my Ric 4001, which I use when I don't want to use two heads.

There is another Markbass club here Official Markbass Club - the beat goes on, and on.... | Page 54 | TalkBass.com that can maybe answer you're questions

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  5. I didn't see you looked at the momark 800 sorry.
    Really, they have discontinued all the Momark line....I think most of them anyways.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  6. Bass'd on a true story

Bass'd on a true story

Jun 28, 2015
    Would you recommend the Momark even if I'm not necessarily interested in modding it? I just want the best tone I can get for my Ric.

7. I like my Momark, a lot.
    But would not recommend it because of Markbass discontinued that line...un less you got a great deal on one. B
    I want the newest Markbass head, not sure of the model, the one with effects built in. I don't play much and can't justify it.

The Momark has plug in modules for preamp,eq,master volume.
    It's a great idea, but MB has discontinued them. :(

8. Just ordered another Markbass MoMark EQ7G Bass EQ Module. Graphic EQ. Less than half of the original price.
    Get your extra mods while you can still find them.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  9. A this is a slow thread bump....

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  10. ahilgaz

ahilgaz

Oct 28, 2009
    Istanbul
    Where can you get them?

11. I bought it from beay.
    Music 123, I think it was an open box.
    I search the Bay almost daily. You have to be dilligent in your searches.

Good luck with your searches.
    MoMark is a cool concept of an amp...too bad Markbass seems to have discontinued it.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  12. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    I'd go with the Randy Jackson. My TTE500 has been reliable and the few issues that I've seen reported could just have been a bad valve (can happen to any amp with valves).

13. Randy Jackson's a good choice, but my choice at the time was a MoMark system, so its what I got for a while. A long while since I don't play much anymore. :(

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  14. there seems to be some good buys on the bEay....on mods.

not my sales.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  15. A small version of rack gear. I wish they still did, and others would make this an option. :thumbsup:

How is the Acoustic Pre-Amp?

16. It's a MoMark pre amp....:sour:
    Idk:(

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  17. Miscommunication, :smug: was asking about your review on this. v :smug:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  18. Yes, I know. It works like a pre amp...:whistle:

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  19. Bumping this thread because of the MoMark 800 chassis and several modules I got recently. I love this concept, and feel it's a pity it didn't catch the interest of more bassists.

I've been running two configurations, primarily:

T1M pre | EQ-0 eq| MVVL master

—or—

S1M pre | EQ-44SHE eq | M0 master

I also tried the S1 | EQ-0 | M0 For the most dead-nuts simple bass rig of all time. Gain, and volume. Period. My Frankenstein-Jazz with v.3 Noiseless pickups sounded AMAZING through this into the NY151RJ cab. I have a matching RJ cab on the way, and I can't WAIT to gig with this rig!

I might even have to get serious about making some higher quality bass vids to upload to my YouTube channel again ...

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  20. laststand

laststand

Feb 1, 2011
    Love my MoMark. Got a great deal a few years back. I have not tried any optional modules.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021