Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mommas, don't let your babies grow up to be guitarists

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I haven't post a picture of me in a while... and since then I've dabbled in the black arts (metal/guitar) and well...

[​IMG]

... I'm doomed...

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ok... I don't really dress like that, and that is a wig... and I barely play guitar... are you cool now?

;) My friend (left) wanted me to write a metal song that he could sing over so we could make a music video. I'd provide the video, but I don't have anywhere to put it online. But this still speaks for the video.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    After the flamming crotch thing, this doesnt shock me.

4. I could tell that you were the one playing guitar look at the positon of your righthand it's the position of a bassplayers plucking hand :D

Ahh! The habbit of playing bass

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I really DON'T want to see that videeo...in fact I had a nightmare about it last night before I even saw this thread.

brad cook

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Whoa, we're more metal than I thought! :hyper:

Using the :hyper: guy removed any metal that I had.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Also, Benny Hinn called me this morning right after I woke up and said "Don't watch the video. It's satanic and will make you worship the devil." He said some more but it was all in tongues so I didn't really catch it. Also his hair said something too.

brad cook

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    good god above.

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    If the video isn't too big I could host it for you for a short time. :D

That way everyone here can revel in your metal coolness. :help:

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That's awesome. I'm not sure when I can get it though. My friend (left) has yet to make me a DVD copy. He's got to show it to his film class. I was thinking of just uploading the song, but we are like Green Jelly, we are a video band. :smug:

When I get a copy, I'll see what I can do. I just think it's funny that I made a "does black metal suck" thread in recordings, and the song/video is totally black metal. Goats/Demonizing Females/Cavemen/Blood/Priest Killing/Graveyards/etc. Evil man, I tells ya, evil. All very clearly in jest though, I played it for my family. :smug:

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Strange, I had a conversation with the ghost of Benny Hill's hair and he said... "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww dan dit danity downt da di di downaityda dowwwwww..."

Then Richard Dawson threw up in my soul, and that's why I'm evil/metal now.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I never woulda pegged Richard Dawson as an an evil upchucker.

brad cook

13. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.

14. You look like a cock-eyed Mick Mars on steroids thing! :D But dont worry, your friend looks even scarier! :D

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Brad, as someone that resides in Orlando, FL, the HOME of Benny Hinn, I must say that your post offends me (almost as much as the photo of Mr. Till in full metal regalia).

I'm particularly offended by the comment about his hair saying "something too", as that is Mr. Hinn's most intelligent and well-spoken body part, and I'm sure it said something more than....uh....something....um....

:help:

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You're right, Gard, I'm sorry. I should have acknowledged the wisdom from the Hinn Hair. Let me see if I can recall.

First it kind of wiggled...sort of like a squirrel that's tied to something and can't get free. Then it said something like "Help! Help! Pleeeease get me off of this thing...? Please...I don't want to go to hell with this guy...get me OFFFF!" At that point Hinn kind of slapped it and it piped down. Then he told me that the wicked and the surly will kayak down a river of blood if I don't sow a $1000 seed of faith by Dec. 28th. "I kayaked the river of blood '04" t-shirts WILL be available for those who participate.

brad cook

17. If it's too big for Will, maybe I can throw it up. I got 400+mb to throw around.

18. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    So this is "weenie metal".

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Weenie Metal in the "destroying your head to death" sense of the word, yes. My friend is getting me the DVD asap, which might be a while. Plus uploading it on a 56k modem will be death. But it will be worth it... I almost want to send it to a metal label and tell them we are serious and see if anyone buys into it. It's not a bad song, especially considering it's in the genre of "black metal" at least I think.

Venom meets Slayer meets Cradle of Filth meets Type O Negative meets Green Jelly meeting on Sesame Street.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    On a related topic: Singer man was playing his song at work (in a used CD store) and a customer asked him if it was the new Cradle of Filth album. I don't know if I should be happy or disgusted.