1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mom's Too Loud!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Mom needs to put on a muzzle...and er uh....it would still be appropriate depending on her level of uh...

3. Think she's down for some horseplay? Honestly, I find this story hilarious. Potentially, traumatized but still hilarious. If it happened to me I'm sure I'd be brain dead for a few minutes... then I'd die laughing.

4. My wife and I are having our first child in June. As part of the whole "nesting" thing I'm doing, I ripped out the drywall in our bedroom and put it soundproof insulation. I really want to avoid this type of situation.

5. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    The daughter probably thought the mom was getting slain...

6. Well, in the colloquial sense, that assumption wouldn't be wrong ;).

7. This is the reason Japan has so many love hotels.

8. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    The next headline should read:
    Teenage girl calls cops to report that mom kicked her a$$ out of the house

9. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    How big do you think the grin on the face of Dad was? Were the police officers giving him high fives, congratulations and atta boys?

10. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It wasn't the Dad, it was a boyfriend.:rolleyes: I think Mom should be more discreet in handling her business. She is giving a teenage daughter a crappy role model.

11. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Only in Florida......................:cool:

12. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I get what you mean, but I think the mother having an awesome, uh, I mean healthy sex life isn't a bad thing.

Now if the daughter is too young or the mom is bringing in different guys all the time that's a whole different issue, but a woman in touch with her sexuality can be a positive role model, imho

13. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Pun intended!

14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont really agree with this.
    I do think it would be good for the mother to try and be more discrete with her sex live, but to say she is being a crappy role model because of this is a bit of a stretch, IMO.
    It would be different if the mother had been caught in the act somewhere in the house other than her bedroom, but this girl is 15, her mother 35, does she think Mom isnt still getting some?

15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I agree. It's hard to say how loud the mother was being. I think most of us (not me thankfully) have heard their parents at one point or another and hearing that at any volume is traumatizing enough.

16. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I guess I am old fashioned or a prude, but I think an unmarried parent not should be having sex around her kids where they can hear or see it. As I said before, her daughter is 15, and more than likely can have children even more easily than her mother at this point. I think it would be very hard for Mom to tell her daughter not to be sexually active when the girl can hear her mother moaning with delight in the next room banging her boyfriend.

17. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Oh, you silly silly man. Once that baby comes, this won't be something you'll have to worry about.......unless you're a particularly loud do-it-yourself-er.......

18. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    So is discretion. No one wants to hear their parents doing it. Pretty high up on the gross out scale.

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    A lot of teens are sexually active, or start to be sexually active, around 15. There is no reason her mother needs to tell her daughter not to be, but the mother does need to talk with her daughter about being responsible and protecting herself. I dont see much of a difference whether the mother is unmarried, this same situation could have occured if the girls parents were still together. Your views dont make you a prude, and I understand your viewpoint.
    You say that "an unmarried parent not should be having sex around her kids where they can hear or see it" and I would be inclined to agree with that statement, but things happen. It could have been a case of the mother and her boyfriend banging away in an empty house and the girl came home from where ever she might have been. In her own bedroom is certainly a place where her daughter would not see, and perhaps the mother did not realize how loud she really is in bed.

20. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    QFT.