Money (i used search and found NOTHING!)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by paniak17, Apr 25, 2004.

1. like i previously stated i used the search feature and found nothing, so does anyone have Sheet Music or the Tab for Pink Floyds Money?
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    ha, must have not searched that well.
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    The tab that is linked is pretty good, but not perfect. The verse and chorus are correct. In the guitar solo section the notes are correct, but I disagree with some of the fretting choices the tabber made. (as does the published Hal Leonard transcription) Bassically, it's more natural and sounds better if you play open strings instead of fretting at the 5th fret. (all through the guit solo) The second riff in the guitar solo (bars 9-12) should be played without so much of a position shift:
    Edit - another reason I like this position is that when I first started playing this tune, my hand would be very fatigued by the time I got to this part and the way I play it allows you to open up your hand in a way that it gives you a very nice rest / stretch.

The lead in to the turn around doesn't repeat exactly - the second time play 2 eights on the F# instead of 1 quarter note. Beyond all of that, in the first riff from the guitar solo there is some subtle stuff with hammer on's from open A to B, rather than just hitting strait quarter note B's as in the tab.
    As far as tabs go - it's fairly accurate. It's not 100% correct, but it should get you playing the tune.