Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Monitor help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcbassdude, May 26, 2003.

1. Hope this is the right forum. Didn't see one for enclosures....
    I'm looking to get some stage monitors. I'd like to hear your practical experience and choices. JBL's have always seemed like a good choice, but I know nothing of models, etc.
    Help?
    Peace

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    JBL makes some good stuff. We used to use them for our PA bins for a church I used to play with as well as an old band I was in. I dont have experience with their moniters, but Im sure the quality and tone is just as good as the p/a bins Ive used in the past.

3. bump

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    look into the yamaha line. i have two 112me monitors and they work great. $350 new for both.

5. Stage monitors are definately an area where you get what you pay for. The best ones I've ever heard where from a sound co. in Connecticut. The guy built them himself using JBL components and bi-amped them. They were wonderful. I've also used EV, Yamaha, Peavey, JBL, Bag End, and CGM (el-cheapO but get the job done.) I like the EV's, Yamaha, JBL, Bag End, and CGM, didn't much care for the Peaveys. EV, Yamaha, JBL, and BE are a safe bet. jmho