Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Monitor trouble...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Feb 1, 2004.

1. OK, before call Hewlett Packard I thought maybe someone can help me here. My screen on my monitor flashes a tinted blue periodically. It can go to a blue tint for 1 second to minutes, or flash back and forth in tenths of a seconds time. I really don't know what may be causing it and this new computer is only three months old. I have a TV about a foot and 6 inches away from it, maybe some sort of interference, or maybe something as simple as the refresh rate on the monitor ? I'm going to try to find updated drivers also. If you can help before I call Customer Service tomorrow please post.

My specs are : 2.8 Ghz Intel w/ Hyperthreading, ATI Radeon 9800 128mb, 1.50 GB of DDR PC3200 RAM if anyone needs to know.

What I'm also going to try and do is possibly capture of small clip of it happening on my digital camera. Last computer I bought from HP locked up and they couldn't fix it. I gave them faith and they screwed me over again. I'm building my own next time since I know how...

2. Sounds to me like it just needs replacement. CRT monitors do that kind of stuff now and then.. degausing will help a little, but it's only temporary.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    First check the monitor cable.

4. Yes, some one recommended that. Thanks ^^