Monkey Experiment

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CDuff, Sep 14, 2002.

1. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Put 8 monkeys in a cage with a banana suspended above which can only be reached by a small stepladder which is provided. When a monkey tries to climb the ladder to get the banana spray it with water. Eventually the monkeys learn and whenever one tries to get the fruit the others attack it before it gets to the ladder. Now, replace one of the monkeys. The new monkey naturally tries to get the fruit but is attacked and learns not to go near the ladder, it also learns to attack any other monkey which tries it. Continue replacing the monkeys until NONE of the original monkeys remain. If a monkey tries to go for the banana the other monkeys attack it.........and have no idea why.

anybody else in the mood for a banana?
  2. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002

...indeed. I think when I heard it was supposed to be some statement on Peoples susceptibility to oppression and the whole “don’t **** with the status quo” thing.

NB. no jokes about the similarity between the classic stadium rock group and the latin phrase mentioned above.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  4. i think it just prooves that moonkeys are mini humems. if one of them cant have the banana, none can.
  5. Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    It's pretty funny --- did you actually try it?
  6. Note to self : Collect monkeys
  7. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I'm with tufnuts...I'm going to go steal monkeys from the zoo...or I could set the water-spraying banana in the cage...but stealing monkeys is more fun!
  8. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    Monkey Wrestling Federation!

14 chimp battle royal! Feature the amazing Mr. Pickles!