Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

monkeys and computers...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by volumefiend, May 10, 2003.

1. "RESEARCHERS AT Plymouth University in England reported this week that primates left alone with a computer attacked the machine and failed to produce a single word..."

http://www.msnbc.com/news/911508.asp

:( ;)

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
  3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL!

Sounds like some of the trolls we get on here :D

4. *cough*

:p :p

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, another philosophical concept up in smoke.

6. sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

...:D

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Pardon, sir?

8. :eek:

:D

9. All those S's and spitting, urinating and defecating....sounds a lot more like Welsh to me :)

10. I loved the part about how they were primarily interested in urinating and defacating on it. Aren't we all? I like the fact that the first reaction was to destroy it w/ a rock.

So, something new that you don't understand comes in. Hit it w/ a rock, then pee and poop on it. Sounds like a bar fight to me!

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    "By the start of the next week, the monkey's became contributing members of an internet forum named "Tabcrawler" where, by the end of the day, they became recognized forum leaders for their relatively valid contributions to many discussions. By the end of the first week, they were elected unanimously to moderatorial positions. Visitors to the site commented on how the average I.Q. of forum participants seemed to increase 10 to 20 % after the monkeys' initial participation."

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL...... I woulda said Arabic but still very good.......