1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mono Vs. Stereo? What's the real deal?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by armyadarkness, Sep 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. As I mentioned, I don't know for sure. I only know that side by side, they're exact and interchangeable, aside from the aesthetics of the PA face plate. I own the 300 and it has been very good to me!

2. Cool! I've never had anything QSC, but all of the options and specs are loaded in the Driverack for their stuff.

I usually go right to Yamaha, but now that Samsung has bought JBL, I'm really watching it all closely! I try to stay brand specific too, so if JBL has good stuff, then I'll buy. If not, Yammi will get my biz, because I've been with them for 30 years too.

If you have a QSC model, link me to it please!

3. Yes I did drag them out and will try it all tomorrow. One nice thing about the Driverack is exactly this scenario. Set up will be auto, and if I don't like it, all I have to do is hit one button and all of the settings will revert to the saved scene.

I never really use that function, but it is a great aspect for both the X32 and Driverack. Thanks for all of the advice and tips!

Omega Monkey likes this.
  4. There is no QSC local, but I'll do some reviews if I can... Hard to tell without them in your face.

mobdirt likes this.
  5. Phil508

Phil508

Feb 19, 2012
    Central MASS
    The best sound gigs are when I bring my laptop/iPad and use the bands gear, I still get paid, they learn how to use it and I show them how to configure , and when the gig is over I pack my gear in 2 minutes and am ready to leave.

armyadarkness likes this.
  6. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Yamaha makes a great portable powered speaker, too. They call it the DXR series. That’s actually my lineup of choice for powered speakers because I think they’re just as good as QSC for vocals but a little bit more versatile at things like modeling amps.

I use QSC digital mixer, though. Which I feel like is backwards, haha. QSC mixer and Yamaha speakers. Most people would go the other direction.

Phil508 and armyadarkness like this.
  7. I've seen a few QSC mixers that I really like. I had three Yamaha powered mixers prior to my current setup. I never in a million years would have bought anything Behringer, but when I bought this mixer, they were the only ones that made a digital rack like that. I really lucked out because as it turns out, it is usually regarded as one of the best that there is

honeyiscool and mobdirt like this.
  8. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    i mean theres always digico
    that #$#@'s just too expensive but hard to beat

armyadarkness likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021