1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Monocase Pedalboard Bags out now

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Just got an email re these

http://www.monocase.com/mono-pedalboard.asp

I just picked up a second pedaltrain 2 hardcase and having a bag for it would be great.

Bit pricey mind, but they look really nice and will hurt less when they bang into your legs.

Just wish my basses fitted in the M80 then I could get the Tick for my nano

2. Just got one, and its great! Love it! I'm a bit of a Mono fanboy I'll admit!

3. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    i'm going to wait till christmas, and see if they do their half price thing again.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    What size did you go for?

5. Me too, tho I've only a bag at the mo'. I wouldn't mind getting a dual bass case. D'ya know where stocks a good range in Aus A-OK :bassist:

6. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    YEP. lol. knowing they were coming out with these is what pushed me into going back to a PT Pro. going to try to get mine early next week. their bass case sold me on them. it's just perfect.

i'm lucky enough to live about 20 minutes from them and i met Brett at a GTG and have seen his band play. they GOOD.

soooooo been waiting for these. the PT bag is kinda.... not that good. love the board though.

7. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Man....those prices, though.......

I bought one of those Jim Halpert-esque over the shoulder bag thingies for school five years ago and I converted it to fit a PT-pro nicely. Maybe not a cushy, but I think I can deal with keeping it.

Half price and I'd be all over this.

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i was like that about the bass bag at first, but man. it's just wonderful. about 3/4 of the protection of a hard case with wayyyyy easier mobility.

my board's got a few thousand worth of pedz on it and i do NOT feel safe with the og PT bag. i believe in Mono.

I. BELIEVE.

9. do you get the boards with them?

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    No,

I think the market is for the pro player that bought the HC for touring but then has lots of jam sessions, local gigs etc where the protection isn't needed and weight is key

11. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I wish I could clip some of their rucksacks to the bass case, then I could go jamming with pedalboard in hand and bass, cables, laptop, headphones etc etc on my back

I remember incase did something similar a few years ago but they don't seem to make cases at all.

Still gutted that my 2 favourite basses don't fit in the Mono case

12. i know the feeling. im constantly trying to make as much room in my gig bag as i can for pedals and even though my gig bag has alot of space its never enough. if its local nowadays i go by "can i carry it while riding my bike?"

13. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Well I have a live bag with all my cables, di, wireless's etc in it and it's just insane to carry around out side of my touring gear, I'd love to have it with me all the time with my MB Air and Ipad with an audio interface.

Maybe I need less stuff with me when I'm out and about hanging with friends.

I'm living the one bag to rule them all lifestyle, it isn't working, I either need a new lifestyle or a new bag.

14. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    Tayste - didja see the Tick thing they made? 's like a clip on bag for loose gear designed to go on their gig bags. looks neat.

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah but that would only hold my PT nano, not the million things I take to a gig

16. ive been trying that. the idea is i brought a misfits messenger bag (after my nintendo bag got wrecked by my ex) and the basic idea is i can fit my college work in it for college, i can stick my d.i. box and leads in it for practice and also use it for a weeks shopping. its kinda worked but if anything its convinced me "sean, you cant fit a weeks food in this bag, you need to eat less"

17. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    A friend from high school works there - those cases are so nice but damn, none of their stuff fits my bass or pedalboard.... and he told me if I want something custom I need to find about 999 other people who want one too. haha

18. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Already using the M80 bag, but definitely considering moving on to the Vertigo and the a Tick for my nano gig board. Been waiting for these to come out since I saw them at Summer NAMM.

19. I went for the mid sized "tour" case, which holds the pt1/pt2 nicely.

Rod, try Bass Centre in Melbourne. I'm not sure when they will get them, but I know the distributors just had a shipment.

I'm also a believer in mono gear... 3 straps, 2 m80 bass cases, a flyby and now the pedal case means all my gear is nicely protected, and my matching gear shows off how OCD I am hahah! All is in Jet Black.

IMG_2304.
    IMG_2303.

20. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    This could really work for me, I built my own pedal board (just about the size of the PT2) so the tour size would be perfect. Otherwise, I've had a heck of time finding a bag that fits right.