1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MONOLITH Loudspeakers waiting times

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gonzo476, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    I ordered a Magma Driver on the first of November and that supposedly shipped on the week of the 15th of December. I don't even have a tracking number which I can use to verify that the package has been sent, nor did I get a confirmation from Monolith apart from being told that they 'assumed the package would have been shipped' (e-mail on the 27th of December).

Anyone in a similar situation? I've demanded a refund a couple of times to no avail, as I'm sick and tired of waiting for a product I payed for two months ago...I'm starting to think that it hasn't even been built.

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Have your credit card company charge-back the sale. If you didn't pay with a credit card you're out of luck.

3. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Have you tried calling and talking to a real person?

4. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Have you tried talking to Wade thru PMs?

5. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah guy I'm not even a customer and I know that Wade from Monolith is very active on these boards and very dedicated to getting units in customers hands. He just finished the first run and I think it had some "kinks" to work out in the first load. As they are all HAND MADE ONE AT A TIME and this is the FIRST RELEASE VERSION EVER, it may pay to either be patient or go to GC and buy your Markbass stuff you can enjoy instantaneously.

6. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    I was part of the group buy in september/october and got my magma end of november. Well worth the wait.

7. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    hes currently working on my cabs. ive had no problems getting in touch with him on here or through email. id try contacting him on email or through PM on here, i know he was out of town for the holidays.

8. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah, the last thing I got when trying to contact him was that he was spending some time with his family over the holidays and that he would get back to me when he got back. That was on the 27th of December and I haven't received a reply so far...I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. I just want proof that my stuff has shipped or a refund. I would definitely call the guy if I could get his phone, but I don't see it anywhere around Monolith's webpage...

9. aowron

aowron

Jan 15, 2012
    Ordered mine (Magma Driver) mid November; have neither received it yet (and haven't recieved any update since mid December).

Last time I heard from them, they mentioned something about not having the metal for their pedals yet, which could explain the delay, though I still find the lack of response from them rather weird. On the other hand, I would assume them being really swamped is causing this (the lack of email responses).

10. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    I talked to Wade on the phone. Apparently there's been a problem with the transformers used in the models designed to work with European voltages and they don't know when it will be solved. He's gonna send me an update next week so I can decide if I want to wait or get a refund.

11. aowron

aowron

Jan 15, 2012
    Thanks for the info. That makes me think of though: shouldn't it just be possible to go with an american voltage model and run one of em with a European -> US power standard wall wart? I would supprised if such a wallwart would go for more than ~10€

12. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Well there has been issues with the transformers used in the NA ones too.