Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Monster Cable Warranty?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Intrepid, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    How does the lifetime warranty work? At a practice I somehow cut the rubber insulation around the cable. I wouldn't mind getting a free replacement. I bought it from Guitar Center. Is it covered? Can I just take it to Guitar Center? Any experiences? I'm confused.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Just take it to GC and they should give you a new one.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Really? Sounds good.

4. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    It depends on the GC, but I have done it several times. Not with cut cords but ones that have failed.

5. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I returned 2 in about a month, neither of which were cut. I had my reciepts and they didn't give me any problems.
    Not to sidetrack or hijack, the fact that the overpriced pieces of crap failed under such light use has made me stop buying Monster Cables alltogether.

6. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I hear that. I switched to Planet Waves cables.

7. Just to provide another point of view... I use Monster cables with all my rigs and have gigged with the same cables (heavily) for a number of years.... absolutely no problem and the best combination (IMO) of good sonic qualities, good quality and good price (I fell into the Tara Lab world for a while... that was stupid!!!!).