Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Monster Magnet has a new album!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Monolithic Baby!

I must say I don't own it yet, but I will shortly enough, I hear it comes with a bonus DVD as well! :hyper:

I went over to their website and they can't tour the states unless the album sells over here, so get your ass a buying, I wanna see these guys live! :bassist: They are currently touring around Europe, etc.

For those of you who only know them because of Space Lord, look deeper, when I heard Space Lord I thought they were just OK. Years later, I bought Dopes to Infinity and have loved them ever since. Killer Songwriting, Killer heavy grooves.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Also, The U.S. version of Monolithic Baby! featured two bonus tracks: "King of Mars 2004," a re-recording of a track from 1995's Dopes to Infinity, and a cover of the Velvet Underground's "Venus in Furs."

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, not their best album, but good. You won't be let down.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Did you get a DVD with it? What's on it?

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    The DVD has a couple of videos, one OK, the other bad, some cool live footage and an interview. It's worth it IMO, I paid a buck more for it.