monsters in training

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Jan 23, 2009.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think it's good that a private school that supposedly prides itself on the ethical and moral foundation of the education it provides trains and encourages its athletes to perform thusly, especially against opponents who have developmental challenges and disabilities.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28796621/

/sarcasm

the girls from the "winning" team are setting the groundwork for a lifetime full of ... :meh:

2. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    thats an epic fail on their part

3. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Wow, that's... bizarre.

But based on the thread title, I was expecting to see these guys:
    monsters.jpg

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    no, that's monsters in-corporated :D love that movie.

5. I haven't seen the *challenged* part of this story; I mean obviously there was a mismatch, but what was the deal- who was the other team?

Edit- On-derail: MI=Greatness in film, kids' or otherwise.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    So at what point did the other team realize they had it in the bag. 10-0, 25-0, 75?

7. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    I shut down the video when the coaches for the losing team started rambling on about not being into this "winning" thing.

It all seems very French to me...

;)

8. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Bill Belichick is coaching girls HS basketball these days?

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    dallas academy, the school that the "christian" school felt justified in obliterating, is a small school for kids with developmental and learning disabilities. these are kids who are used to frustations and failure their whole short lives. they neither deserved nor warranted this kind of thrashing. this wasn't sport, nor was it honoroable, like the covenant school claims their motiviation for "victory" is centered around.

:eyebrow:

10. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I don't get it...some girls got clobbered in basketball...must be a slow news day...

Nobody cares about pro women's basketball none the less high school.

I can't play basketball for crap but I stay off the field (EDIT:*Court*...see my point)...also I know like 4 people with dyslexia that would all kill me at basketball...and physics, statistics and calculus for that matter.

11. Clear now- thank you. Agreed on all points.

12. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    "several Dallas Academy players said they were frustrated during the game but felt it was a learning opportunity. They also said they are excited about some of the attention they are receiving from the loss, including an invitation from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to see an NBA game from his suite."

It wasn't that bad hehe.

13. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    BS...

Paint it the way you want to... although, I find you to be severely short bussing those girls when that is not in fact the case.

They came to play... they got trashed... big deal... they didn't complain about it and this only became an issue when the thrashers started feeling bad.

I was simply making a joke concerning how "losers" always talk the "its not about winning" angle. It was pointed at the coaches.

Personally, I don't believe you actually give a rip about the content of the thread... just another opportunity for you to abuse your all powerful mod powers and rip into someone else around here. But thats just my opinion and it means about as much as yours...

Have a good day JT Almighty...

14. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    LAWLZ ^^^
    oh dearzzzzz

15. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Wow....or he was just trying to start a thread that wasn't about these silly things...

WhatsInTheOTbox002Medium.gif

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    instead of quoting an article, if you're really interested, check out the webpage for the school itself for what the kids attending it are there for.

i have some intimate and personal experience with folks that have had to go to schools like this, and no, they are not "Short bus" - nor did i say they were. what i -did- say is that they are used to frustrations and failures through their lives. to have a team of folks from the "Trust fund brigade" whose biggest "failure" is when they don't get the beemer they wanted from da-da for christmas willfully humiliate them and then turn around and get all "jim baker" on em is the epitome of evil imo.
    wow. actually, i'm an admin. the guys with the "all powerful mod powers" report to me.

17. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    thanks...
    white-flag-emoticon.gif

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
  19. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Ick, I hate people sometimes.................

20. I don't really see the big deal. They won 100-0, yeah that is lopsided, but maybe if you are loosing that badly, you should have your team drop down a division. Also, I don't really see how it wasn't "Christlike" to run up the score. People that are making that assessment need to go read the Gospels again and get a good picture of Jesus.

lowsound

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021