Montarbo bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by George Looney, Jul 10, 2004.

1. In my local pawn shop they've got a Montarbo B200 bass amp. It's a 150 Watt head (with 10 band graphic equaliser) and one 15" cabinet. (sells for 200 Euro's)
    I've searched the net and found very little information.
    Montarbo is an Italian company wich doesn't make bass (or guitar) amps anymore, just PA stuff. That means that getting it fixed if it broke down, would very likely be a no-no. So obviously I would like to know someting about Montarbo's reliability.

So, my question is : has anybody played one, know someone who has one or heard something about it, ... then I would like to know.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Rock&Roll

Jul 21, 2002
    Well, perhaps if time came to get it repaired, you could find a good local elctronics/amp tech shop. The key word there is "good". I don't know what the scene is like in Belgium, but here in the states, bad amp techs are a dime-a-dozen. Finding a good one takes a little time.

If you do this, it would be wise of you to aquire a full schematic of the amplifiier. Then when you take it a repair shop, they can have the correct schematic to work by; in case they've never seen an amp like yours before.
  3. Thanks for the reply R&R, but it was for nothing ... I just returned from the shop (for a test) and it's gone ...