1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Monte Montgomery...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kingskippy2001, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Kingskippy2001

Kingskippy2001

Aug 12, 2008
    Ohio
    I got to see Monte Montgomery live at my "local juke joint" last night. He was in Pomeroy Ohio last night, he played at the Court Street Grill here. This man is AMAZING, anyone who dosen't know who he is should check him out. I don't know how to explain it... He has been voted best " one of the 50 best guitarist's of ALL time" They are a great guys, got to chat with his bassist for awhile. It may sound weird but it was a moving experience :smug:

For anyone with in a short distance of Southeast Ohio(Pomeroy) needs to check them out on myspace or at their website. The owner(Jackie) is a great guy, and he gets a lot of great music in there. Anything from our big time national rock group "BOBAFLEX" to jazz, blues and so on... Here are some of the acts within the next three months.
    Sept.19 Dennis Gruenling
    Sept.26 Boabflex
    Sept.27 Bobaflex
    Oct. 8 Paul Geremia
    Oct 22 Moanin' Michelle Malone
    Oct 24 Alvin Jett and Phatt Noize
    Nov 7 Chris Beard
    Nov 14 Bill Lupkin
    Dec 12 Johnny Rawls
    Dec 13 Johnny Rawls

2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I've worked a couple of shows in Dallas with Monte's band and Andy Timmons' band where they played together, and got to hang with them pretty much all day...great guys...When those two guys jam together it's freakin amazing!...Dave Pigget (Monte's bass player) is a cool guy too.

3. DeaconK

DeaconK

Nov 17, 2006
    I met Monte in San Antonio a couple of months ago. He lives in Austin. Absolutely blew me away. The sounds he gets from an acoustic guitar are amazing. His wife and son were with him and he had his son do a song with him (son is about 5).

4. Dogsferatu

Dogsferatu

May 22, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Monte is great musician and a great person. I've worked with him in the past and he's always been really cool. Luckily I used to watch him in San Antonio when I lived there and was thrilled when he moved up to Austin... If you get a chance pick up his live DVD "Monte Montgomery at Workplay" here's a bit on youtube

If ever in Austin, look up the Saxon Pub... his usual haunting grounds...

5. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Monte is truly awesome. He played a benefit show in WI a few years ago, I got to run sound for him. He's a really nice guy, and a jaw-dropping player. The rest of the band is as tight as it gets, but he is just flat-out amazing.

-Mark

6. I first saw Monte on "Austin City Limits" a couple of years or so ago. I was then, and still am, blown away by this guy.

He's Leo Kottke, Jimi Hendrix, Dave Matthews and more all wrapped up in one extraordinary musician!

He's near the very top of my list of artists to see and hear live.

Bluesy Soul :cool: