Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Montreal Jazz Festival

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Who's going? Some crazy bassists appearing this year: Vic Wooten, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, Meshell Ndegeocello, Alain Caron, and many more. On my list of shows, Jimmy James and Stephen Barry. There's a cool show which is basically a doubleheader of Marcus Miller followed by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, so that's a must for bassists! Who's gonna be there?

2. What are the dates? I've got a pretty insane schedule this summer. :)

3. The show runs from June 30th till July 11th. Many bands play more than one day, and some twice during each day, so it's not too bad to try to catch a band.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I would LOVE to go, but my brother -- the only person in the family who'd want to go, and my parents wouldn't let me go alone or with friends -- works full time this summer so I can't. AND I just saw the other topic about the Al Di Meola/Jean-Luc Ponty/Stanley Clarke show. A half-dozen curses went through my mouth instantaneously. Rite of Strings is one of my favourite CDs, and I could've gotten to see these guys LIVE! Aarrrrrgghh.

There are so many other awesome live performances this summer -- DMB, George Benson, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, and Oscar Peterson throughout June in TO, Bluesfest, the MTL Jazz Festival, Kingston Buskers Festival...*sigh*. At least I can see Primus tomorrow! It's my only consolation :( :( :(.