1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Montreal JazzFest Indoor Schedule Released: WOW

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jazzin', May 3, 2006.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

This year, the 27th annual jazzfest, is going to be crazy. There's so many jazz legends this year. Well I'm going to the McCoy Tyner Septet and the Kennny Garrett Quartet. There goes 100 bucks. They're both on July 2nd, it's going to be an intense day of jazz!
    :bassist::hyper:

Tickets go on sale this Saturday.:D

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    that will be great again this year.
    not as great as last year bass wise though

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I attended the MJF for the first time last year. Loved it. Love Montreal too... :)

My favorite acts? The Indian percussion trio. And the acid jazz combo that played at Club Soda at midnight that night. Very hip... :cool:

MM

4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    Whoa. Kenny Garrett is playing at my school on Sunday, and McCoy Tyner is going to be at the Blue Note next week.

I love living in New Jersey.

5. what a great time to be in Montreal...i wish i was there when it happens!

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Impressive line up. Not sure if I'll be in town this summer. Interesting to see David Clayton Thomas on the bill. I saw him at The Moustache around 1978/79.

Anyone out there remember The Moustache, Edgewater, The Maples Inn, Esquire Show Bar?

Old man asking the question.:(

7. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I guess i'm too young, never heard of these places!

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    They were the big rooms in Montreal in the late 70's early 80's. They brought bands in for 5 nights a week. The Moustache was a cross the street from the old Forum, on Closse. Lots of band doing the east coast USA circuit came to Montreal back then. The Maples Inn was on Lakeshore blvd in Pointe Claire. It was a great venue for local bands. It mysteriously burned down the day after it closed.

The Esquire Show bar saw a lot of big names go in there like the Isley Brothers. It closed for along time and then reopened in the late 70;s for a while, predominantly for jazz.

9. Jazzin'

:eek:

10. Jazzin'

Actually, there's a good possibility that I will get to meet Kenny Garrett after the show. And maybe go somewhere with him, with my friends. Because my friend's music teacher's sister is married to Kenny Garrett.

11. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    That's a nice line up. I'll be seeing McCoy Tyner Trio later this month at the Atlanta Jazz Festival... for free.

12. Jazzin'

IMG_0407.
    (I'm in the middle)​

13. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    hehe very cool!! :)