Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

monty python and the holy grail...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Oct 8, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    it better be excellent!!! i am downloading off some freak probably on a 56k (god forbid) and only getting about 5.00kb max... i started it last night about when 3rd watch came on here in california... and it is only at like 160000 right now... and it is a 616000 program... it is off kazaa by the way

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You mean you haven't seen it yet? Not once? Not in your entire life?

You poor soul.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you don't like it... go see a doctor, somethings wrong.

4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    English pigdogs. Go and boil your bottoms you empty headed animal food trough wipers. I fffffffffffffffffffart in your general di-rection.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ok, you know you're in need of a date when you are DOWNLOADING a frickin' Monty Python movie! Go to Blockbuster, or any movie store for that matter, and just rent the darn thing. It'll cost you all of two bucks (which probablyis less than the cost of running your pc that long), and you might even get to see other fleshy pink beings in the process. And yes, it's great, as are almost all the other Monty Python movies and shows.

"It is waa-fer thin..."

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    IF you have do DL it, do it off edonkey...

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    your wasting your time peavey
    rent it
    you'll enjoy it ALOT more than cruddy downloaded quality....though the quality is pretty poor on vhs or dvd....it was a low budget film... its a very great movie, one of hte funniest of our time...if you like silliness.
    goto blockbuster....or better yet Hollywood video(to support this dying chain that was the competition that pushed blockbuster to be what it is now) rent it on dvd and laugh yourself silly.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So...if he rents the movie...he's a witch?

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    No, if he rents it, he will be an individual. Yes, we're all individuals. :D

11. Lack of proper education if you ask me :p

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I agree...MP should be a required course in ALL educational cirriculum.

13. You know, if you aren't able to go to a movie rental place...I'm sure you can order it off of the 'net, for really, really cheap. I see a rental of MP as a waste. You might as well just start with buying it. You'll want to watch it more than once, and downloaded quality will be TERRIBLE! And unless you have a laptop, it won't be very much fun to relax, lean back, and poop yourself unintentionally because you're laughing so hard.

It'll be good times.

-Dave

14. So other than giving the best movie ever... what have Monty Python ever done for us? :mad:

15. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    They taught us that it's ok to be a transvestite lumberjack.

16. moweezil

moweezil

Dec 2, 2001
    Actually, my 12th grade English teacher let's us watch it when we are reading King Arthor.
    My dad downloaded an excellent copy off of Kazaa, just to have if he ever got bored.

Favorite scene: The Black Knight

17. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    I'm not an individual!

P.S. - that's from life of brian not the holy grail

18. Yeah, I watched it in my English class last year. The class was technically a British Literature class, so thats how our teacher justified playing it. :D

We also saw Young Frankenstein when we were reading Frankenstein.

:D

19. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    That's like the question in Life of Brian, and I paraphrase very roughly:

"So other than a national currency, a system of renewable agriculture, roads, a political infrastructure that formed a model for future governments, what have the Romans given us? Nothing!"