1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Monty Python's Spamelot

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phantopeth, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I got to see this show last night at the Shubert Theater. It was the first time I saw a Broadway show. I thought it was a great production.

Being someone who has seen the movie way too many times to count, I was a little disappointed at certain scenes that were cut, and some plot changes. But, I think it was necessary to adapt the movie to the stage, so I won't hold it against them. Really funny: definately a good time!

I can't figure it out though, no one I work with has ever even heard of Monty Python. How is that possible?! :rollno:

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Wait. There's a Monty Python play??? That's something I might go see. Have had absolutely zero interest in anything on broadway up until this point.

3. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/

I'm right there with you. This is the only Broadway show I ever planned on putting any effort into seeing. Lucky for me, I came across a free "extra" ticket :hyper:

4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    If you're a Monty Python fan, shame on you for not knowing about this! :rollno:

It's coming to Tulsa next month, and I'm trying to get all of my (3) brothers to go.

Here's a synopsis:
    Winner of the 2005 Tony Award for Best Musical, Monty Python's Spamalot is the outrageous new musical comedy lovingly ripped off from the film classic "Monty Python and The Holy Grail." Directed by Tony Award-winner Mike Nichols, with a book by Eric Idle and music and lyrics by the Grammy Award-winning team of Mr. Idle and John Du Prez, Spamalot tells the tale of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they embark on their quest for the Holy Grail. Flying cows, killer rabbits, taunting Frenchmen and show-stopping musical numbers are just a few of the reasons audiences everywhere are eating up Spamalot.

5. Stock R

Stock R n00b

Dec 5, 2005
    Toronto/Ottawa
    My gf bought me tickets last year for my bday since I'm such a big Monty Python fan.

It was awesome :D

Arms for the poor? :hyper:

6. I saw it way back when before they cut a bunch of stuff. It was amazing.

7. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    they did cut a lot of stuff, and some of it was a little strange... but still funny

"this is the key change that goes like this"

8. bssterl

bssterl

Feb 4, 2005
    Southern NH
    We saw Spamalot at the Shubert, too, & loved it. If you don't mind waiting in line, you can get SRO tickets for $20 each.

9. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I saw it last week. Its great. They don't do the Duck scene, and the castle anthrax scene is incredibly short. Still a really great show.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021