Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MONTY

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fenderx55, Sep 22, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    idk if anyone from the RI/Boston area has heard of Monty (formerly Montys FanClub), but they rock hardcore. I see them every time they come to the NY area and they deliver a massive blast of "action rock".

you should check it out right here and if you go on their myspace thy're in a contest to get signed, even though they've been on the Ernie Ball stage at warp tour for the past two years. it's weird, i love they're new cd, but i put it down for about a month and i rediscovered it today. good stuff. their bassist is siiiiiick.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I dig the verses of Heart's Bleeding. Between the Sheets didn't do it for me.

It just sounds like they are going through other band's motions. Bad Brains, generic ska band A, Coheed and Cambria, 311, etc.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    idk, i think because i've seen them live so many times it's different. they used to be generic ska band A, then they started leaning more towards rock. they used to do a really cool version of livin on a prayer.

4. I don't like Monty. I don't understand how they got popular. They're nothing special, yet all my friends love them.

[Rant]

It amazes me that they are asking to get signed. What ever happened to self releasing a record? It's not that hard. Certainly with their fan base they could sell easily 500 CDs. [/Rant]