1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moob reduction surgery....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jwbassman, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    ...is the most popular elective surgery for "men" ages 13-18...

...according to Good Morning America (from a report this morning).

Didn't realize that many people were afflicted with moobs so big that they needed to be reduced.

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Are you serious?! :rollno:

I used to be an absolute porker, so naturally I had some moob action going on. Don't be lazy, if you don't like having moobs (who would) get off your lazy ass and do something about it. Especially being a teenager, it's easy as pie for us to loose weight, all you need is a little effort. :meh:

I exercised and I am now 90% moob free.

3. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Once again an example on how lazy our generation in this society can be :rollno:.

Seriously are some fat people this stupid? I have respect for those who are comfortable with their body and the ones who do something about it without taking the easy way out but come on being lazy is the main reason why they are fat.

4. One thing i will say is, its probably not to do with people being overweight.

In teenage years, testosterone levels rise and fall quite alot in guys. If it falls to low, there can be oestrogen in the blood stream can induce growth of the breast tissue (yeah, guys always have a little bit of it). Because of that, they can get quite noticable in size. Its a medical condition called gynecomastia (or gynaecomastia) (tho this can also be just because of excess body fat).

But, due to the age range given, im betting alot of it really is due to hormonal problems.

So its not just "lazy fat people"

5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Would the hormonal condition be common enough to make the procedure the most "popular elective surgery" though?
    The only people I have seen in my life with man boobs are overweight people.

6. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    They're probably using their mom's shampoo. Lavender and tea tree oil are used in some shampoos and are known to cause an increase in estrogen levels.

7. Firstly, how many other "elective surgeries" will people in that age group generally undertake? It may be the most popular, but im betting it isnt a huge percentage of the overall.

Secondly, I believe the occurances are pretty high, some places saying 1/3 to 1/2 of teenage boys suffering from it to some extent (be it through obesity or hormonal or both).

Or it could be "healthy" people who are eating soya, that increases estrogen levels too.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    You need to look around more then. Gynaecomastia can happen to skinny guys as well. But yeah, fatties and hormonally challenged sorts sure are loving breast reduction, it seems!

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I taught a kid who had this surgery before his senior year. For boys who aren't obese, it is a hormone thing and while it usually goes away a few years into adulthood, I really can't blame a kid for having it surgically taken care of. It's just another thing that they can't control that gives fodder for the a-holes of the world to mock them about.

10. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    I guess it's just too hard to stop stuffing twinkies down your gullet.

I had surgery for something else, it wasn't even major, but recovery was painful. I'd warrent that if these idiots knew the pain they were in for they'd just stop eating crap and do some pushups.

11. Glad to see there is someone who thinks people who have hormonal problems are idiots, go you.

12. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I wouldn't mind paying money to rid the world of my mitties.

13. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.

Teen boys with low testoserone can be directly linked to a poor diet and lack of exercise.

What does that mean? Teen boys who eat crap all day and instead of playing sports or going outside, play on the playstation/computer all day tend to have lower testoserone.

I'm sure there are some kids that have a real medical problem with their hormones that isn't linked to a crap diet and no exercise, but as mean as it sounds most teen moobs are due to the above not a real medical condition.

Quite simply if you have moobs then it's likely you have them because you aren't doing enough guy type things like working out and eating good food. Things that cause testoserone to be produced in a male body.

14. Regardless of excersise, the hormone levels of a pubescent guy are going to sway, alot. Which is what I have already said. Which is why there is this problem.

As someone who is on a number of weight lifting/bodybuilding forums, i can quite easily say that there are alot of people who are pretty damned active who suffer from this condition.

15. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.

Weight lifting forums ahahahha. So, do you actually go to the gym? Or do you just talk about it on forums? So that makes you an expert?

I've been lifting since I was a teen. I've never seen one guy that lifted regulary and was in good shape that had moobs. That includes early teens into twenties. The only guys that had them were the guys who were porkers who also had a gut.

In fact I've known personally three guys that as teens got rid of them in 3-6 months simply by weightlifting and getting active.

Lifting/working out raises testosterone levels. So even if it fluctuates you will have more of it.

Like I said I'm sure there are guys out there with a medical condition that hurts hormone production severly. Most of it however is due to lack of exercise and poor diet.

16. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Where do you have your PHD from? I am 300lbs and can bench 315+. Porker eh?

17. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    I believe trolling would be directly attacking another member or posting something to purposely get another poster mad. I am not I am stating my opinion and pro moob crybabies have gotten offended by my simple logic.

18. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    +1. You hit the nail on the head with simple. I agree. BTW I am done with this thread. Have fun.

19. Yes, i do, for whatever it matters to you. Do it more regularly in the garage due to gyms tending to be full of pretentious ****s (thanks for validating that point).

You know what, thats great, you've known 3 people who have gotten rid of them, incredible, you must be a leading expert in the field :rolleyes:

Yes, lifting does increase testosterone levels, have a gold star. However, as we are talking about people in the 13-18 bracket, only the later end of the age group should be undertaking heavy lifting. Formation of the excess breast tissue can start occuring alot earlier than 13, and once its formed, it wont go away simply by lifting or doing push ups. It will flatten to a degree, but depending on the level of growth, it can still be obvious/disfiguring.

20. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Ya, it sounds like you are overweight, unless you are like 6'5"+ and just happen to have longer arms. I can bench 290 easily and only weigh 220.

The guys I see in the gym that are in good shape/all muscle and weight 300lbs can bench 400+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.