1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moody Sounds...has anyone here tried any of their pedals and kits?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Mar 28, 2015.

1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    and if so, were the pedals and kits any good?
    Thanks for all input on this!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Bump...

3. Have the Hjart Muller Lo|Fat Bass Overdrive that is very good, plenty of low end and a responsive od. Use i t on my classsic rock board for the perfect grunt and it plays well with other drives. Got it in trade so don't know how challenging the build is.

4. triviani

triviani

Oct 23, 2010
    I had the Mushroom echo for a while, good built quality but the photo-sensitive sensor was not much controllable.

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    I found the schematic for their Lo|Fat Bass Drive so I etched my own PCB for it and built it. IMO, it sounds pretty darn good considering the simplicity of the design.

HjartMullerPCB-01.

6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Does it sound like anything you know that is already out there?
    (or; which pedal(s) might be covering the tones found in this one...and possibly do it even better?)

7. Maybe John can speak to a comparison, it works for me so it stays.

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    not really, it's pretty much a simple OD/distortion. it doesn't have a lot of depth or complexity to its sound, but it's decent. especially for what it is.
    IMO, a TS808 modded for bass is a bit nicer sounding.

9. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Thanks!
    And since we are on it...would the TS808 modded for bass be your favourite TS style OD, or which others might be worth looking into?

10. Will agree that the Lo|Fat is not as complex sounding as other drives, that may be a reason it is a keeper 4 me plus it is in contrast to other drives in the collection.

11. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    This too is a pretty convincing point. :)

12. 810PedalPuke

810PedalPuke

Feb 11, 2015
    I bought one of the Hjart Muller Low/fat bass driver kits, it was my first pedal build. its worth the money. The instructions are extremely noob-friendly. I learned a lot from the kit; those instructions are gold, man.

I sold the pedal a few months back for a hundred bucks, and just built one on vero last week for about 25 bucks. sounds the same, its a nice useable dirt pedal, which also sounds good on guitar. Of all my builds, I liked this one and the Ezekiel 25:17 the best for bass dirt.

I will never buy a pedal again, its too easy to build them.

13. +1. Lots of fun tho.