Mooer Thunderball

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HaveGuitar, Aug 29, 2019.

1. HaveGuitar

HaveGuitar

Aug 19, 2017
    Well, I hope this OK to post -

I'm doing a review & giveaway of a Mooer Thunderball dist/fuzz bass-pedal on my Youtube-channel. You don't have to subscribe to participate, I just thought this might be of interest... :) There are no hidden hooks in this, just watch and send a mail and you're in. Good luck!

AlexanderB likes this.
  2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Funny you should want to give it away being unimpressed, mooer thunderball won my "worst pedal of the millenium award for 2017", being a low quality copy of a pedal that was widely panned, but I liked, the EHBass Blogger, but without the Blogger's synthy "overdrive" setting. I had high hopes for the mooer but as usual I am dissapoint by them except for Fog, a WoollyMammoth clone, which is slightly OK. I gave away a shimVerb, made a great gift being packed with options to play with.

3. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    I actually liked the Thunderball on the Fuzz setting when I had one a few years ago.

HaveGuitar likes this.
  4. HaveGuitar

HaveGuitar

Aug 19, 2017
    Well, I actually have two of them for some reason, and while I am not fully impressed by it either, I just thought this might be at least something for a poor player low on cash. The Mooer guitar pedals has otherwise quite impressed me!

catcauphonic likes this.
  5. Good luck with the contest, and a nice idea.

Hard pass tho, that pedal got a bad reaction from me as well of all the Mooer pedals the Sweeper was my only keeper as a clone of my favorite EHX Bass Balls.
    I hated the Blogger as well so that goes to show.
    My unfair reference fuzz is an AusTone Fuzz Nutz TexTone and nothing comes even close, you don't have to believe me ask Eric Johnson or Billy Gibbons.

6. HaveGuitar

HaveGuitar

Aug 19, 2017
    Oh, I believe you - no doubts about that! :) And thanks, maybe another time? ;)