1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mooer!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 5teven5trummer, Dec 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Any experienced Mooer users In the house!? I got two for hobby fun. Fog Fuzz which IMO , sounds like utter crap! (Enclosed pic prooves its not even worthy in my jam room) And an envelope filter ... which i really love ! Being a rather old skool minded player, pedals are new to me now that i am a retired but hobby player... i tinkered with effects throughout my career but never used anything live exept a tuner. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on Mooer!

Attached Files:

Driven Crane likes this.
  2. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I am quite sure people who happens to like the synthy gated fuzz tone of a Zvex Wooly Mammoth would be able to appreciate the Mooer Fog Fuzz better, as it is pretty much a clone.

I don't have any personal experience with Mooer pedals yet though, beside listening to YouTube demos, but I know the Mooer Tender Octaver is highly praised around here, as a cheaper but equally good alternative to the EHX Micro POG, which is an octave down and up pedal.

The Tender Octaver is not in production anymore though, but they recently released Mooer Tender Octaver MKII, which I heard good things about as well, and I am going to invest in one my self in the near future.

5teven5trummer likes this.
  3. I dig my Mooer Seller as it is a clone of my favorite EHX BassBalls. I have not tried the fog fuzz.

4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I own a Mooer Leveline volume pedal. The construction is top-notch and the compact design is intriguingly clever, but I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed in the linearity -- or non-linearity, actually -- of the potentiometer. Makes it harder to do smooth and subtle dynamic control.

5. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    I have a Tender Octaver in the mail, should arrive next week. Much cheaper alternative to the Micro Pog or Sub n Up I was originally considering.

6. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    Leveline and Expline owner here.. Just ordered a Mooer Fried Mein preamp pedal for my bi amp faux guitar rig. As stated the non linearity on volume is same with mine and read that before I bought them but I have 2 and are strictly on/off for bass signal and faux guitar signal so it doesn't bother me. Expline on the other hand has a nice even sweep. They are really small pedals perfect for a cramped pedalboard and are solidly built. Both leveline and expline require power and leveline has small blue led on each side of pedal and expline is red..Both are not super bright but light enough to see them on your pedalboard.

Attached Files:

7. Mooer Thunderballs, not being big on distortion or fuzz this is a good unit for me as it is compact, and sounds good to me.

8. Id be interested to hear both together !

9. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    I got the Bass Sweeper, which is to me a pretty much flawless clone of the EHX Bassballs - tweakable, plenty of usable tones, bass-friendly. Some low end drop in "fuzz" mode but that's the nature of the sound.

10. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    i use the Tender Octaver & Bass Sweeper, both are good pedals and make sense to my pedalboard.

11. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I had the bass sweeper which is a nice version of the EHX bassballs, the Tender Octave first version that really nails the Micro Pog, and now I have the Mooer Radar which I think is one of the best things they've released recently.
    Every pedal worked fine and was quite usable on their register. No complains here.

12. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Tender, Bass sweeper. Both are great. Really have my eye on the Radar. I will very likely grab one soon.

Nunovsky and 5teven5trummer like this.
  13. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I have a few.
    However mot many make a regular appearance.
    The most common ones that get used are the bass eq, micro di, and the slow engine.
    The slow engine is an awesome clone of the boss slow gear. Just awesome!

14. It is one unit, you can switch between fuzz and distortion. The distortion is a bit light on, the fuzz is good. I run chorus through it for a thick sound.

15. I really like the sweeper

BassikLee likes this.
  16. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I’ve got their Slow Engine. Set right it can get a pretty decent aproximation of a bowed note.

It also works well combined with detuner type effects like the Luxe or the Boss MO-3 to take the edge off the initial attack and make it all a little more lush and ambient.

603E30AD-FDF5-4A03-B2C8-BE674234ACA9.

In my case I used it for a project segment where there was a short instrumental duet between a standard electric bass and one set up with piccolo strings.

The piccolo raw signal went into a DI. One channel was then recorded direct. The other channel’s effects chain went: Mooer Slow Engine>Digitech Luxe>EHX Analogizer. And from there it was fed into the board. The two tracks were then blended for the piccolo bass part. IIRC the final mix ratio was something like 80% clean track and 20% effects track. So the final sound was on the subtle side rather than being an ‘in your face’ bass effect.

Note: I had originally wanted a Boss SG-1 Slow Gear for quite awhile. But I was unwilling to pay what they’re going for since they’ve now attained collector’s cult status, and are priced accordingly.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    crapusername likes this.