1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moog Lowpass Filter Output Level

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cjac9, May 2, 2010.

1. cjac9

cjac9

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    For those of you that have this pedal, how do you deal with the output level?

To get the filter opening I have to turn the drive knob up a ton, which turns my overall level up too much. I tried it out in my amp's effect loop and hated it. I'm thinking a Boss LS-2 might be able to bring it down but I'm not sure. Any suggestions for a true bypass looper with volume control or other solution to this problem?

thanks

2. i just deal with the added volume. i've tried a bunch of different solutions and after a while i just got used to the volume bump.

also, try messing with the mix knob and on 2 pole. i've found i get a louder more pronounced effect with 2 pole, and to get more effect volume i've found a 5-7 on the mix will help that too.

3. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Are you running a passive bass? The moog likes a hot signal and works a lot better that way. I run a passive bass into a Radial Tonebone preamp pedal, and I am able to get the signal hot enough that I can turn down the gain on the Moog and still get the indicator light yellow. It also sounds a lot better that way.

Also I have it in a true bypass looper that I bought off another TB'er. That doesnt make it work any better but it cleans up the signal chain, because the moog makes a bit of background noise. Some notice it some don't, I definitely did.

4. cjac9

cjac9

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah it's passive. I'm not interested in boosting up my level though and I definitely want to put in a TB looper because of the noise and tone altering when bypassed.

Does anyone know of a TB looper that can pad down the output?

5. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

+1 to everything this man said!

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No disrespect to Mark, but I really really hate when people respond "just deal with it" when someone asks for a solution to a problem.

There are some loop pedals with the ability to attenuate the effect level. I use the Xotic X-Blender, but there are others. For a relatively cheap solution, talk to one of the many small-time loop box builders and tell them you want one with a passive volume pot on the effect loop return. Easy-peasy for any one of them to do for you.

7. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    LS-2 will do, but it's not TBP... However, its bypass is quite good and you have two loops with volume control - you can regulate the volume of two (sets of) pedals and/or blend clean signal in...

Or do what bongomania suggested :)