1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moog MP-201 Routing Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rnilson, Mar 16, 2009.

1. rnilson

rnilson

Mar 8, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I was recording this weekend and finally had it with the Moog EP-2. The thing is complete junk. It the string breaks and slips and the pointometer creates ridiculous amounts of static.

So I ordered a MP-201 today. :hyper:
    I was thinking of routing solutions because I really want to be able to switch between the LFO waveforms and the expression control of my MF 101 without having to scroll though all my pre-sets so here is my idea.
    From what I have read the MP-201 creates it own CV signal and doesn't attenuate the signal like most passive CV expression pedals. If this is the case would I be able to use a passive A/B (EHX Switchbalde) pedal to switch between CV output one and two? That way all my presets will be channel one LFO Wave forms (Square, Saw, Etc....) and channel two expression pedal. Then the expression control is always one stomp away.
    What do you guys think would this work? Would a mechanical A/B box like the switchblade carry a 0v to 5v CV signal correctly?

2. I don't have an answer for you, but I'd love to hear clips, especially the sawtooth!

3. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    yup, that is truth, as far as i know. i haven't tried it, but i am sure you will love the 201. it is amazing.

john