1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Moog Taurus 1- Original analog synth bass pedals- mid 1980's vintage

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by squarewave, Oct 20, 2017.

1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    c2c01acb.jpg Hi,

I have for sale this very nice, 100% original, very-clean set of Moog Taurus 1 analog synth bass pedals. The pedals work great. I just cleaned the contacts with a silver cleaner, which needs to be done once in awhile on the original Taurus pedals.

They are 100% original, including the clear door over the control panel (often broken or missing). Check out the photos.

The only blemish worth mentioning is some sort of sticker residue on the front, lower part of the body. I haven't tried cleaning it off. I'm a little afraid to use Goo Gone or Oops on it, because I don't want to hurt it. It's easy to see in the photos, but not very apparent in use.

These things sound huge. The 24dB/octave Moog filter is legendary. The filter sweeps are amazing. These pedals should appreciate in value over the years.

The price is $2100 plus actual shipping cost. I'm very good at packing large, heavy items, so shipping isn't an issue.

PM or post any questions. Check out my feedback here on TalkBass.

View attachment 2279411

View attachment 2279412

View attachment 2279413

View attachment 2279414

View attachment 2279415

View attachment 2279416

View attachment 2279417

View attachment 2279418

View attachment 2279420

View attachment 2279421

View attachment 2279423

View attachment 2279424

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    wow

squarewave likes this.
  3. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Yes sir. You should here it through a PA. Huge.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That thing could shake some earth it really shows the true genius of Bob and this one is priced so well it's getting difficult to find them in this condition.

5. MapleOak

MapleOak

May 27, 2018
    Looks Good! Do you have the manual and what is included? Are you flexible on the price?

6. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    I don't have the original manual, just a download from the web.

I'm inclined to stick to my price. I'm pretty sure these aren't going to go down in value over the years, and it sure is fun to hook it up once in a while to play with it. I guess I would consider partial trades.

Indiedog likes this.
  7. MapleOak

MapleOak

May 27, 2018
    It's a sweet looking unit - Lucky You!
    Unless I win a lottery though...
    If you do ever decide you need to move it though, let me know - it would come to a very loving home :)
    Cheers, Blessings and Enjoy!

squarewave likes this.
  8. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    I agree: WOW!
    From my experience, you have a great price.

I have the Taurus iii's and couldn't be happier (unless I had your original set too).

9. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    I had the Taurus iii too. It really is superior to the first version, though the iii can't match the oldschool vibe that this 40-year old synth has.

If someone wants a set to use regularly at gigs, the new iii model is probably the way to go. It has presets and greater reliability going for it. Of course, the iii model will lkely go up in value over time too.

Time for a model vi :)

Indiedog likes this.
  10. Roeland Picon

Roeland Picon

Nov 4, 2018
    Hi, are you stil selling?

11. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Yes, the Taurus is still available.

12. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Sold to a very nice gentleman in France.

Indiedog likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021