Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

moogerfooger lowpass settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mooseman, Sep 30, 2002.

1. mooseman

mooseman

Jul 24, 2002
    Chesterfield, VA
    Hey everyone,

My moogerfooger lowpass filter just came today :D. I have just started experimenting with it, but I would love some of you guys with experience with this puppy to tell me your suggested settings.

Getting the "dub" sound seems easy, but I'd love some guidance to make the process easier. Much thanks...

-Hunter

(BTW, my first thread, yippee)

2. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Dub sound indeed. You could break glass with it if you really tried. I use that setting, and I get a great watery envelope sound from it. I use it in 2 pole mode, smooth, set the drive where it goes slightly into the red, I turn the amount up to about 80%, mix at about 75-80%, Resonance up to about 6 and 1/2, and the frequency all the way down. I also use it with an expression pedal hooked up to the freq. knob, in conjunction with a fuzz, octave, and delay, with the amount knob all the way down. You get that great dub tone, with some evil-sounding filter sweeps. Great for drum n' bass.
    Don't be afraid of the drive controll. You have to set it high to get a decent envelope sound. Just turn it up until you like what you hear. Don't pay any attention to the little red light. The amount knob also acts as a sensitivity controll...sort of. Using it in 2 pole will give you a more pronounced sweep, as will turning the resonance up. 4 pole is a little more mellow. It's a great pedal, you will learn to love it.

3. mooseman

mooseman

Jul 24, 2002
    Chesterfield, VA
    Thanks for the reply 6-stringer. I've had some time to mess with this puppy and I'm loving it.

Do you or anyone use a bypass with it? To my ears when it's "bypassed" it sounds like a mild overdrive pedal. It's different from the typical "sucking the life of out a clean signal" thing.

One more thing: do you have to be a supporting member to get people to reply to your threads? I'm curious...

4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Mild overdrive? You may be driving it a little too hard. I don't use a bypass with it. (true bypass would have been a real plus) Yea, it's a little cliquish
    here. I don't think being a supporting member has much to do with it. But, there are plenty of great people who frequent the boards. Welcome to talkbass by the way! Feel free to plug away, and get to know everyone.