1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Moogerfooger LPF Problems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ArchDuke, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Jul 25, 2007
    Well, it figures. I've been wrestling to get a usable, funky sound out of this thing for some time. Now that I've finally gotten a setting or two that have literally gotten me dripping with funk and willing to spend some money on a true-bypass looper, the thing stops working. When I try to plug it in with a single wall wart that had been working with it for some time, it doesn't light up or start to work at all. Now, this is my one adapter that works with this pedal (it is sooo picky), so I'm praying that it's just the adapter and am going to find another one to try. But, if it isn't, I don't know what I should do. Will Moog take in the pedal for repairs (I am willing to spend a little for this) if I bought it used?

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I'm sure Moog would be happy to repair it (for a price)...

...what adapter did you use for it?

3. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Jul 25, 2007
    It's an Ever Glow 9V DC adapter. I had never used one of these until the guy who sold it to me included it with the Moogerfooger. (the adapter says its input is 120V AC, output is 9V DC. I don't know if this makes a difference.)

4. HenfieldJ

HenfieldJ

Feb 10, 2007
    Detroit
    What is the output amperage of the 9V adapter? I will have to look at my Moog pedals, but I think that they are usually at least 300 mA output.

5. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I had a LPF for a while... I could never get it to sound like a Mutron III. Sold it.

6. HenfieldJ

HenfieldJ

Feb 10, 2007
    Detroit
    I looked last night, and the Ever Glow Adapter is the the adapter that Moog uses, so the adapter that you have would be the original adapter that would have came with the LPF. I've always though that Moog should have their brand name somewhere on the adapters, but they do not. If you think that it is the adapter, I think that their adapters are opposite of most other adapters, the center is positive, while on a Boss style adapter the center is negative. To test the LPF with another adapter, you will need to find one of the adjustable types that allow you to change the polarity.