1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Moogerfooger pedals and the CP-251 Control Processor - explain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by schmittuml, Apr 30, 2006.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    I am wondering how the Moogerfooger CP-251 Control Processor and the Moogerfooger pedals (low pass, phaser, murf, ring mod) work together....

.....how is it setup, what does it do? help:help: :help: :help:

2. the best thing i can recommend is
    http://www.moogmusic.com/manuals/cp-251.pdf

it looks fairly complicated, although what i seemed to get out of it is that it is a way to use one CV pedal for several moog effect pedals...it also has a built-in sample and hold circuit

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Connecticut
    Excellent recommendation to RTFM! Think of the CP-251 as a way to centralize your control voltages. You can do all of your CV patches in one place instead of having to deal with each module separately. Example: If you decided to build a modular synth out of moogerfooger modules, which many folks have done, the missing part would be a CV mixer/distribution panel. That's what the 251 does. If all you are doing is using a MF module as a stompbox and not working with control voltages, then you probably don't need a 251. You would be better off getting an EP-1 and manipulating one CV at a time to get the hang of it.